An unusual opportunity or waste of time?

If you are enthusiastic about their products, then could be fun.

I've worked on booths in a different type of industry - you'll need breaks to relax and wear super-comfortable shoes!

Just a quick update. Decided to pass on this. Mostly because it was an issue taking the time off from work and I would have to burn 2 vacation days to do it and partly because it seemed like they would need me at the booth the whole time and I wouldn’t get to see/do anything else. In the end I may regret it but for now will hang out with the new puppy and relax.

90530D1B-A35E-44D5-B603-FACC413789D5.jpeg

Thats to bad. I think you would have enjoyed yourself and probably land a free lens or two. Plus it would have been interesting to hear a recap of your experience.

Thats to bad. I think you would have enjoyed yourself and probably land a free lens or two. Plus it would have been interesting to hear a recap of your experience.
True, but... PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JC I doubt they'd be giving free lenses to people working their booth, they're already paying them. Nice dream though.

And a puppy wins out! (And OT, noticed the checkerboard Vans back there, those bring back memories.)

JC I doubt they'd be giving free lenses to people working their booth, they're already paying them. Nice dream though.

And a puppy wins out! (And OT, noticed the checkerboard Vans back there, those bring back memories.)

The vans belong to the Princess. She’s very fashionable

Cute puppy! Ha! My daughter has Vans and many other styles while I wear the same pair of sneakers for several years! (But I have nice cameras and lenses).
Save the vacation days for time with family.

The problem is, in that industry things like this can be used as an actual interview. And I have known people who ended up getting actual job offers simply because they were agreeable to do the paid booth work.

Would have had some rather unique experience going. And the networking would have been good. The company has a few lenses that would actually be fun, the velvet and burnside. the rest give me migraine issues from the bokeh in the sample galleries.

The company has EMPLOYEES it could have sent. They could have simply sent a technician or even did a contest for someone in their assembly department to go do it, but you got the offer. That means something was behind it. Something that would have been beneficial to you.

I would go for it

I would do it. Sounds like there is little downside, an opportunity to make interesting connections and to learn. Have a little adventure.

Most reactions

Back