anchorage + night + fast cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we not just talk about the photos? ;)

i love american muscle cars . . . however, i know a guy who owns a zo6 vette, and a severely modified prelude . . . prelude spanks the vette in everything but the quarter mile.

i'm talking like, without racing slicks he can peel out in third. . . that car puts out more torque than the axel on a little car like that can take, i think he's on his third one.

dollar for dollar imports seem to be doin a little better :(

bowrofl.gif
@ "fast cars"

Just my opinion, but I would have gone for a totally different arangement...

I would have lined up the cars side by side, staggared them so that the farthest was furthest up, and shot from 3/4 front, croping to the front protions of the cars. I would have also tried a few shots with the headlights on.

dollar for dollar imports seem to be doin a little better :(

unfortunately in the racing world the only the that matters is win or loose, not dollar for dollar

v8 pooowaaaaaaaaah rofl. i love american muscle car enthusiast attitudes...

"even though that 2.0 liter turbo charged awd car is faster than me in a straight line, faster than me around the corners, better on bad roads and superior in reliability and fuel consumption im still going to sit here on my redneck pedestal and proclaim the superiority of my v8 because of the way it sounds and that its "american"'

Incase you didn't realize this, v8s can have supercharges/turbos also. Let me put a blower/turbo on my horse 375 horse currently all motor mustang and see how how you do;)

And as far as being on a redneck pedestal, and v8 pooowaaaaah. Its not all about v8 and american, its just about being a bad ass high performance car(which yours isn't, its a little joke of a car that you put parts on to try to make it a real high performance car) So, to cover two parts of your argument, the redneck part and the 'better in the corners' part, thats why I have a Boxter.

and I don't really know what you mean by 'better on bad roads'? Maybe thats what my 4x4 f150 is for?

reliability? 2000 f150 w/ 115k miles: no problems. 2000 f350 dually w/ 150k miles of huge trailer pulling work: no problems. 2004 f150 w/ 40k miles: no problems. I could go on...

fuel economy? I never dissed on your fuel economy, we're talking about fast cars here, my moms small SUV gets good gas milage, but we're talking about fast cars, my motorcycle gets 40mpg but we're talking about fast cars. when your out riding on the street and you pull up beside a modded cobra and he beats you to the next stop light by 5 cars, do you roll down your window and say "but I get 28 MPG!!!!"

and there was I thinking this was a PHOTO forum

HEY! don't hate on the s14..................:x

as far a the pic goes i think there are too many cars in there, i get to distracted lol

unfortunately in the racing world the only the that matters is win or loose, not dollar for dollar

Incase you didn't realize this, v8s can have supercharges/turbos also. Let me put a blower/turbo on my horse 375 horse currently all motor mustang and see how how you do;)

And as far as being on a redneck pedestal, and v8 pooowaaaaah. Its not all about v8 and american, its just about being a bad ass high performance car(which yours isn't, its a little joke of a car that you put parts on to try to make it a real high performance car) So, to cover two parts of your argument, the redneck part and the 'better in the corners' part, thats why I have a Boxter.

and I don't really know what you mean by 'better on bad roads'? Maybe thats what my 4x4 f150 is for?

reliability? 2000 f150 w/ 115k miles: no problems. 2000 f350 dually w/ 150k miles of huge trailer pulling work: no problems. 2004 f150 w/ 40k miles: no problems. I could go on...

fuel economy? I never dissed on your fuel economy, we're talking about fast cars here, my moms small SUV gets good gas milage, but we're talking about fast cars, my motorcycle gets 40mpg but we're talking about fast cars. when your out riding on the street and you pull up beside a modded cobra and he beats you to the next stop light by 5 cars, do you roll down your window and say "but I get 28 MPG!!!!"

LOL, you better have a mustang made before the late 70's to be talking this kind of crap. Last time I checked mustangs are a joke.

And strap your blower onto your car and try a road course, doesn't help any you still blow in anything but a straight line.

and sorry I only drive a Saturn (do I fit into your little club? its American after all), but I whoop mustangs all day long, stock for stock, mod for mod. V8 of course.

oh, and MS has gorgeous women but MD doesn't? Time to get out more ;)

Well, seems like what needed to be said about this photo as photo has been said, and I will still go and study Lostprophet's tutorial (for I find that very interesting, no matter what the subject of a photo - cars, fast cars, old cars, carriages!), but it seems like the particular thread has got all the necessary answers, so I might as well close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back