And His Catch.....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for the full range of critiquing.......

Thanks.....

7985-SpyderCatch.jpg

I like this shot. I think the centered subject really works here...the lines from the web leading towards the center where the subject is really draw you in, as well.

I'm going back and forth on weather or not I think it's just a TAD over-exposed.

This is also the type of subject I prefer to see tack sharp, and it looks just slightly off to me...HOWEVER....I don't have a great monitor, and there have been times where something seemed off on my work monitor, but looked fine when I got home, so don't necessarily take that particular comment to heart from me.

I like the shot but because the web is blurry on one side I don't think the center placement is right. It may not be super in-focus and parts may be burnt out but its hard to tell at this size.

I flipped the image so we can enter from right and cropped it to remove some of the blurry threads -
High pass filter on a separate layer to highlight the threads a little And masked out the spider.

What d'ya think?

7985spydercatchbbbmf1.jpg

Corry....thank you for your comments, It's nice to hear from you.....

Over-exposed: I did shoot it with a flash, so you may be right.

Tack sharp: I did not use a tripod, it's a hand held shot so it might be slightly out of focus. I'm old and have the shakes.....:lol:

Traveler.... yes, cropping and reversing give the overall effect of depth.

Blured on one side: I shot from an angle with a Nikor 28-105 macro lens, so I was up real colse.

I like your edit......

I like the shot but the lighting seems a little harsh IMO

Most reactions

New Topics

Back