And I thought photography was expensive!

the 10 examples were pretty lame, and some wouldn't even be considered as a hobby.

Owning a boat.....

Break
Out
Another
T​housand

The two happiest days in a boat owners life are the day he buys it, and the day he sells it.

Get serious with your hi-fi and photography will look like a childs play for your wallet.

Yes, high end audio is most certainly expensive. It gets more expensive if the recording/producing side of it all is your hobby, instead of just listening.

Those examples were pretty ludicrous as well. Homebrewing makes the top 10, all because it's possible for a homebrewer to buy commercial brewing products if they really want to? Might as well put playing saxophone on that list as well...because I can go buy John Coltrane's sax for $100,000.

Yeah that was a pretty horrible example. they based the cost on a few idiots that blew a large chunk of cash. and then there were examples of hobbies not near as expensive like rc cars.

Yeah, I can’t believe boating isn’t on there. I've got friends with boats, and my butt just puckers up like a snare drum when I see the money they burn just to own those things.

As for photography, I’ve already got just as much or more money into it than some of the examples on that list, and I shoot a Canon Rebel with nary a single L lens. :p

Yes, high end audio is most certainly expensive. It gets more expensive if the recording/producing side of it all is your hobby, instead of just listening.

Those examples were pretty ludicrous as well. Homebrewing makes the top 10, all because it's possible for a homebrewer to buy commercial brewing products if they really want to? Might as well put playing saxophone on that list as well...because I can go buy John Coltrane's sax for $100,000.

Yes you could buy Coltrane's sax, but you probably still won't sound like him
I have a Couf Superba I and the same mpc etc as Grover Washington Jr, but I don't sound like him. :(

My 'expensive' hobby is collecting lottery tickets.

Owning a boat.....

Break
Out
Another
T​housand
The two happiest days in a boat owners life are the day he buys it, and the day he sells it.

Car racing and boats are just money pits. My well to do friend has a rally car and each rally is roughly $6k. 2k to enter, 1500 for tires, 1k for travel and gas 1.5k for crew. This is if nothing major breaks.

Boats are free. You should never buy one, unless you want to race at a pretty high level.

Monthly fees, on the other hand..

Um, classic cars.

An expensive American hobby for some: Running a marathon in all 50 states.

Women.

/thread.

I was just listening. When one day I found myself buying Kondo stuff I realised i was getting mad. Just speaker cables cost more than a brand new 5D Mk III with the lense (that's just a wire that connects an amplifier to loudspeakers). If you want a top Kondo amp, like Kegon monoblocks - it will be about $120,000.00 brand new.

Most reactions

Back