And more abstracts...

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I feel these three are more stronger than the first three I just posted...feel free to critique any of these as I'm looking to better improve work in abstracts.

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3160bw.jpg

yes these are 'more stronger' :)

i like the first two the best. these are great conversions, were they film or digital? I usually remember the equipment that the members here use, but i never remember yours.

The second one doesn't work for me. It's the tree in the background. If it were a white sky, then yeah. The other two are good though. The last being the best. I like the way it's simple, no fussing.

Thanks ferny and thebeginning :) I used a Digital Rebel XT on these, lately everything I've done is digital, but when school starts off I should be moving more towards film again.

I agree Ferny about the second. I actually was intending on shooting it with no trees b/c that's what I had visualized before I got there, but then realized there was no way to get it without them since it was in the middle of the park. And that would be one heck of a cloning job :lol: 3 is my fav out of both posts as well :)

Thanks photo gal, it's part of some monkey bars that curve...

No offence, but the only abstract i see is number 3, as that is the only picture that makes me guess what the subject is.

They teach us at school that abstract images should make the mind guess what it is seeing. and the only image that does that is number 3 in my opinnion.

Well that's not what my school taught me...abstract is something that is difficult to define. No offence taken, and please don't take offence to this, but you should realize that maybe everyone doesn't define abstract the same. To me it means "simplified realism" and nonojbective would be what I see as your definition of abstract.

Although I still would say that you might not know what the subject is in #1...and maybe even two for that matter.

No its true ;) i know others dont see abstract as i see it, and yes my message was a bit on the hard side, know that i dont mean it like that :)

they are good pictures, its just that they hammer on us about abstract so much:p

:lol: I understand, your teachers probably passed that hammer to mine :lol:

I really like #1. There's something about the simplicity, the curves and the details that makes me go slightly gooey. I'm afraid #2 doesn't work for me at all though.

Most reactions

Back