And my favorite Dragon...

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our beloved local mascot Heater...

HeaterA.jpg

and his cousins who display a bit more of an attitude.

Scoreboard.jpg

LWW

i love the shots, but man i hate corporations

fifth thrid field....man i think thats sad

I agree, but they financed the stadium for the city at prime -1% when the city was broke.

Prior to this Dayton was the largest city in America WITHOUT professional baseball.

This is the 6th season and a grand total of ZERO tickets have went unsold.

They hold the 6 highest single season attendance records in history for an A level franchise.

The stadium is state of the art and has 7,230 seats and averages 8,500 plus per game in paid attendance plus people who stand on the street and watch for free.

The waiting list for season ticket is 17,000+ names long.

All in all it is the best thing to happen to this rustbelt city and other than the signage 5/3 keeps a very low profile. There ARE some community minded corps left...although I'll grant you not as many as I would like.

No affiliation with 5/3 bank other than a checking acct, mortgage, and 401K. I support those who support my town.

LWW

As long as there has been baseball, there have been rich men in the background.

And if you think baseball fields were free from advertising back in the glory days, you haven't looked at any old footage recently.

What I find ironic, is that baseball began as a commercial operation, continues to be so, and is still to this day, nearly unchanged as a game since its inception.

And therein lies it's greatness.

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."
-Field of Dreams-

LWW

Most reactions

New Topics

Back