And now for something different...

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These photos are not typical of what I normally do. These are a series of shots of the Main Street Train Station in Richmond, Va. that was originally built in 1901 and is now back in operation.

My attempt was to shoot in the style of early to mid 1900's achitectural documentary photos. Straight-on, stark representations of different parts of the building. So, they may be a bit boring to most...

I've already had some suggestions to do them in a sepia tone and am mulling that over - but most of the photos I remember seeing were in true B&W. Anyways, I'm curious if you think it was worth the effort and, as usual, all your comments, critique and suggestions are appreciated.

Leica IIIc, 50mm lens, Kodak T400CN B&W film.

Tuna

ToTrains.jpg

TrainCafe.jpg

TrainStation.jpg

TrainSeats.jpg

you post some of the most interesting images in this forum. love your b&w tones! :salute:

Sure, it works for exactly what you're trying to do. Some of the images are stronger visually than others....the second one, for instance, stands as its own little story, with the empty chairs, that "waiting" look.

I think if I were going to tone any of them, I'd start with the last one of the seats - the wood tones would stand out nicely.

Beautifully exposed, as usual. Nice group! :D

Most reactions

Back