and NOW it craps out on me!

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
you know, it's just my luck. i am trying to sell a couple of things on eBay and i set up the auctions last night. well, i get an e-mail today asking me a few questions about my slide printer i'm selling so i figured i would double check the things this chick was asking about just in case, right? i did this thinking, of course, that i already knew the answers to her questions and that everything was fine. so i turn the printer on, the little preview bulb lights up (check!), i open the top up and the rollers are clean (check!), so i go to hit the print button to make sure the flash goes off and... nothin. @#¢&!! :pissed:

i opened the thing up to look at all its insides and see if i could figure out why it doesn't work all of a sudden, and i can't really get to the part where that button is. then i find this thing inside that looks like a battery and it says "photo flash" on it, but it can't be removed. wtf? this really bites. :(

now what do i do? :?

Find Murphy and kick him :wink: .
Seriously, tho, your options at this point are to :

1. have it fixed (if possible) and hope the final sale price covers the expense (option 1 stinks)

2. End the auction (if nobody has bid yet)

3. Edit the description to say what is wrong with the unit, don't know if it can be fixed, as is for parts, etc (again, if nobody has bid yet)

Most eBay people are fairly understanding of things like this, but occasionally there is a jerk who will complain if the tape you use to seal the package is not the same color as the tape in the picture.
I know a guy who was banned from eBay over 1 such misunderstanding. It took him most of a year to get it straightened out and back on as a seller.

Good luck. That's a bad situation, circumstances beyond your control and all that. But you'll do the right thing! :wink:

Most reactions

Back