And so I got a new lens

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Didn't really plan on getting a new lens but I did.
Am not sure at the moment if I will need it and use it but I got it, well you know G.A.S :)

Guy I work with and learn from been bugging me to try a 35mm lens for events and weddings, with my 24-70mm 2.8 lens I didn't really see the need but when I heard more people saying its worth a shot I went ahead and bought a used one.
Bid and won a Nikon 35mm f2 "D" lens but faith intervened and it didn't work out so I went to look closer and found here a used Nikon 35mm 1.8G ED which is the Nikon 35mm FX lens, the bigger sister to the DX lens.
More expensive then the DX version but much cheaper then the 1.4 version.
First impression was how small the lens is compared to the Nikon 85mm 1.8G but it is slightly bigger then the Nikon 50mm 1.8G
Its pretty light and feels in many ways like the 50mm lens
First thing I checked was the vignetting when fully opened, reviews showed noticeable vignette and I wasn't disappointed, indeed its there, at f2.8 its almost gone and at f4 its gone.
Also as expected files are sharp at f1.8 and f2.8 (and above) its very sharp!
Well have lots of time to test but so far I am very happy :)

you can send me your 24-70 lens now that you won't be using it :)

you can send me your 24-70 lens now that you won't be using it :)
Now that's an idea, let me think about it.....................................hmmmmmm NO!!! :1219::1219::1219:

I think this calls for some sample photos :)

I think this calls for some sample photos :)
Doesn't it always :)
I think next time it will be used will be in November when I have 2 events, so far my cameras and lenses are idle :(
No events this month booo hooo
Might share pics from it after these events

Most reactions

New Topics

Back