4000093.jpg

6000097.jpg

4000098.jpg

4000107.jpg

6000111.jpg

4000122.jpg

Thanks for looking.

oh oh oh oh number 6!!!!!

more nice shots. :thumbup: i was in some pretty similar country this weekend north of wickenburg. where were these taken? CA?

JTHphoto said:
more nice shots. :thumbup: i was in some pretty similar country this weekend north of wickenburg. where were these taken? CA?

I shot these in Joshua Tree National Park in CA. between days in my archaeolgy class. JTNP, BTW, is located north of the 10 freeway northeast of Palm Springs. There is more info at;

http://digital-desert.com/joshua-tree-national-park/

The link is to my JTNP site/model. I've been working on it here-n-there for about 11 years- love the place. I used some of the photos from this trip on my rock pile page at;

http://digital-desert.com/joshua-tree-national-park/rockpiles.html

Which loosely explains these formations.

There's a photography class 11/10/06 & 11/11/06 out of the Desert Institute, Joshua Tree (the town), CA that I'm looking forward to. The cost is $65. Lodging is not included, best to stay in Joshua Tree or Yucca Valley. Should be a very good introduction to the park for those that have never been there. If anyone is interested just let me know and I can list the contact info, and make sure you know where the class meets etc.

The Big Sandy Valley is really nice. I went through in late July, but didn't have time to explore the Joshua tree forest.

Did you see Nothing?

I thought that looked like Joshua Tree, I need to get back out to California, my favs are #s 4 & 6

Thanks Jeff. JT is irresistable to me.

Wow, what an impressive landscape you have there. I've never seen rock formations like that in person. Would very much like to though - and now I know where to go - TY. #6 is very cool. It looks like a giant walrus - amazing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back