Photos OK to edit
Bull Nosed Morris.jpg

and the next shot is "...all at sea."

vintagesnaps

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Catching up... I learned about 'Dutch' tilt in a course thru TCM (Turner Classic Movies). It came from German Expressionism, and was actually Deutsch tilt but evolved into being called 'Dutch' tilt.

Used in movies like - Leo knows this - Orson Welles 'The Third Man', and early German silent films in the '20's like 'Nosferatu' and 'The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari'. It was used to create tension and disorientation.

I think I watched this on Vimeo when I took the class (for class? afterwards??) which shows some great examples of it in more contemporary films.

Around Halloween TCM often digs out some of those from the '20s with tilt, high contrast B&W, lots of shadows, etc.

vintagesnaps

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Boy it takes a lot of searching thru a lot of crap sites to find what you're looking for or something worthwhile. Just sayin'. And pardon the interruption, on with regularly (un)scheduled (non)programming!

I like those rainy green tomatoes Charlie, sometimes simpler is better in a beautifully done photo. And the one of that car John!

Most reactions

ClickASnap