And the sun never came. (with a second color-ish edit for fun)

Drop some ice cubes in that drink, maybe add one of the little umbrellas for good measure, looks like a winner!!!

YES!

Cracking shot indeed.

Hope you don't mind I played with this image a little. Really like it.

Not presented as an improvement.
I was compelled to edit it a little for my favorite elements. I did some local brush adjustments to drop the blacks on some of the foreground rocks, darkened those neat parallel cracks on the left side, and brought the overall white point up a smidge. Great shot.

Jon-1.jpg

I love lemonade.

Nice shot. Is this with the fancy new filter?

Nice location. Try another day. :)

Thanks everyone! I was happy to walk away with something. It was a decent walk in the dark to get here.

Not presented as an improvement.
I was compelled to edit it a little for my favorite elements. I did some local brush adjustments to drop the blacks on some of the foreground rocks, darkened those neat parallel cracks on the left side, and brought the overall white point up a smidge. Great shot.

View attachment 156086

Great edit. I was in a hurry this morning and didn't do any local adjustments save for a couple of sensor specks. Your idea was definitely the direction that I wanted to go. I'll have to give a shot. Thanks for envisioning it!

Nice shot. Is this with the fancy new filter?

No. Unfortunately, the screw-in filter vignettes like a mofo with this lens. I'll need to invest in the filter system to do long exposure shots in the day time. Fortunately for me today, 30 seconds was the metered exposure time without a filter.

Nice location. Try another day. :)

Thanks! It's the plan, although I'll have to do it quickly with the sun angles shifting. Also, low tide is a necessity.

Just a different edit...I'm not sure which I like better.

For this one, I burned down the foreground rocks about half a stop, tweaked the whites up like @zulu42 suggested, and then set the black and white layer opacity to around 45%. I like the structure that the black and white layer adds to color photos. This is pretty close to the way I remember it looking...you know, if my eyes could see as well as D800 with a 30 second exposure.

waterfordbeachedit2 by jwa04, on Flickr

Distortion maybe? There’s no profile correction for this lens, but I’ll take a look later. It was locked and level on the tripod, at least initially.

Most reactions

Back