And then there was light!!

M

MDowdey

Canon 10D
F8
S1/250

Honestly, im not sure what im going for here other than a really good black and white treatment and a stark, unusual composition.

have i done it? have i failed?

lamp.jpg

matt

Actually.....I think you did it. :D It's a great conversion, perfect contrast. :thumbup:

But.... :sniffle: can we have a square crop, Dad? Huh, can we, can we???

I don't see that the open sky above does anything to help. Rather, when I crop it out to almost the top of the lighting fixture, it forces more attention to the fixtures themselves, where you can see the texture on the glass. It strengthens the composition for me. :)

But it's your image; what do you think?

i think the top part is a bit much as well. i had to angle the shot way upward to get out of the way of trees..and even then i got trees in the shot. hours and hours of cloning branches left me with crossed eyes and that finished product. i shall crop it as well and take a gander!
thanks terri!!!! :)

k, its cropped a little bit, any better or am i just farting around now...

Classic shot! I really enjoy the cloud. Street lamps are generally fascinating especially in the day time. The BW conversion is good.

If I was to question anything I would say "why vertical?" and I would like to see the version with the branches.

This works for me. As usual, great work.

-aka Superman-

terri said:
No, it's better, but I said square, damn you. :x

Definately!! then you can print it and tell people you shot it in 6x6cm. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back