480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Never have owned a Canon camera in my life. I've managed to go 56 years without ever shooting with one.

Then today, the Magic Postal Truck drops off a package at my door. I have been gifted a Canon FTb with a 50/1.8 lens.

20150515_160620.jpg

It needs a good bath, and the leather case it came in is totally gone. But at least the shutter & aperture seem to work reasonably well. So after I give 'er a good scrubbing, it'll be time to run some film through 'er and see what's she's got.

There might be a spray for those.

Gifted? If it works i will be jealous..

Ftb! Great old camera. One of Canon's first with the "auto" load film chamber. Workhorse camera! I gave my last one away to a student.

Joe

did those do TTL ?

j/k :)

Not sure it's film-worthy. NONE of the shutter speeds are anywhere close to within reason.

Not sure it's film-worthy. NONE of the shutter speeds are anywhere close to within reason.
just guess.
It all works out in the end.

just guess.

Guessing won't work. The speeds are all off by as much as 2 full stops.

In either direction. No rhyme or reason to them. 1/125 is 1/30 for one shot, 1/250 the next, 1/60, then 1/500, 1/60, 1/30, 1/125........

just guess.

Guessing won't work. The speeds are all off by as much as 2 full stops.

In either direction. No rhyme or reason to them. 1/125 is 1/30 for one shot, 1/250 the next, 1/60, then 1/500, 1/60, 1/30, 1/125........
wtf

Most reactions

Back