And... we have further progression.

do you know what the word analysis even means?

Ok... My lighting needs work... how, and why? And how do you fix the coon eye he speaks of..

See... he left NO critique at all...

he left critique, just not necessarily any technique or follow-through or advice.

honestly, I think you should simma down. It's a good picture that has a some room for improvement. you're getting too worked up over his first comment.

This is getting reaaaaalllly lame, guys. Get back to posting pictures please.

Nah man, not a clue. (rolls eyes) I'm not exactly sure you do.

Critique includes productive and corrective statements. If those aren't included... you don't have critique, you have dissing.

Wow...you're an offensive jerk and I hope you get kicked off. I'm especially annoyed with your juvenile, sexist remarks. You can't post poorly executed snapshots and expect to only hear positive comments. Grow up.

Critique includes productive and corrective statements. If those aren't included... you don't have critique, you have dissing.

If I looked at your picture and said: There's just something about this I don't like, I'm not sure what it is, but there's just something about it.

It's a critique. It doesn't help you in any constructive way, but it is one.

If I wanted to diss your picture I'd say: This picture looks like ass.

Had you replied and said, well how do you think I could improve my lighting, this thread probably would have gone much differently.

my 10 cents.

If I looked at your picture and said: There's just something about this I don't like, I'm not sure what it is, but there's just something about it.

If I wanted to diss your picture I'd say: This picture looks like ass.

Both of those sentences say the exact same thing. One of them is just worded differently. So, is it really critique, or dissing, since they say the same thing?

Wow...you're an offensive jerk and I hope you get kicked off. I'm especially annoyed with your juvenile, sexist remarks. You can't post poorly executed snapshots and expect to only hear positive comments. Grow up.

You have a choice to post here. I don't know if you're aware of that or not.

Wow, this is in the running for the "First thread FFarl has ever closed" award.

so what your saying is your pissed at him because he didn't tell you the fix for your issues? someone points out issues with my photos I search for ways to fix the problem I don't whine and moan because an answer to the problem wasn't hand delivered into my lap. I take what was given and I find the solution and that makes me a better photographer. I don't ***** and moan because someone didn't hand me the answer. your a professional. you should be able to find the answers. cutting off his feet looks bad. why not just go with a different pose so you don't even have to chop them off like you did (that one was for free ;) )

Amazing how so many people can complain about free help.

I would work on your lighting more.. it needs it! Coon eye on that left eye socket (subjects left)

how is that not a critique?

His critique was that the lighting needed improvement after analysing/assessing the noticeable coon eye on the subjects.

Even he statement about the feet being cut out was nothing like a 13 year old girl who just got her menstrual cycle would say.

Although your reaction to it suggested sand in that region and or panties in a wad, and all that did was just start a silly chain of replies.
:hail:
THIS!

I guess your clients don't mind having their feet cut off, huh? I would work on your lighting more.. it needs it! Coon eye on that left eye socket (subjects left)

Show me, any part within this statement, where there is a DETAILED analysis and how to fix it?

Looks like a bunch of sadistic low blows and comments.

He didn't ask why the client's feet were cut off, and he didn't even explain WHY you shouldn't cut them off...

He made a childish and nonproductive remark.

Ok... My lighting needs work... how, and why? And how do you fix the coon eye he speaks of..

See... he left NO critique at all...
All of the answers to his CRITIQUE are self explanatory in my opinion. Don't cut off the feet, and adjust your light to get better coverage on both eyes. Seriously, you're acting like a baby. You can defend why you do things a certain way all you want and that's fine, but you're being a bit of a jerk on top of it, all while trying to make someone who did give you helpful critique look like the ass. There is no reason why we should have to ask why you did something a certain way or that we have to hand you the answers to everything we don't like about a picture, but you don't have to defend your reasons by being a dick. I can't stand it when people say to me "needs more fill light" because I like shadows a lot, but rather than responding like a complete dick I say "I disagree" or "fill light is against my religion" and move on. And shame on him for having a different opinion as to what a professional is. :roll:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back