And yet another newbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Sage97, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Sage97

Sage97 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello good folks. Newbie member here introducing myself.

I recently got very interested into DSLRs and am looking forward to my first DSLR. After a month or so of research, I ordered the D7000 and started to take OK pics - certainly not the cameras fault. I got really into it but a week or so later, the autofocus just stopped working. Nikon confirmed the defect and instructed me to return it so its going back to Best Buy.

A little bit more of research and stumbled upon the Pentax K5. Looks like a great unit but the local BB does not carry it in stock. I will probably special order it to compare with the D7000 I tried. I know my "newbieness" would be a significant weakness in this comparison test, but unfortunately I can't be anything else but a newbie so your thoughts would be highly appreciated. Good news is reviews seem highly favorable for both cameras.

Looking to take pics of my guitars and amps, 15 year old son playing ball, macro flower and insect shots and vacation landscapes.

Glad to be here.

PS - I also posted this in the Nikon section and thought maybe I should do the same in Pentax.​

2. jaomul

jaomul Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum

3. Sage97

Sage97 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you very much jaomul.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

No need to double or cross post anything. We see everything (in a creep voice). :lol: