And yet more from the woods

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just gave these a little remake to see if could get'em to look good.

they were taken during a snow storm, so the big white blurry things are snowflakes I decided to not clone out.

(ah, and just to please Fate, they come in 2 separate posts ;)

Storm.jpg

Storm2.jpg

I like these alexandra, the first one has a real nice colour and i quite like the snowflakes. Do they work in B+W? i think the 1st and 3rd would look good with those soft tree lines. Great pics :thumbup:

Archangel said:
Do they work in B+W?
Oh, please noooo! i spent so much time fixing the colors in these... and trying to get myselft to stop imagining the world in b&w... twas too hard to go back again :lol:
in all seriousness, i'll see if they look better, but i really doubt it... i think they'll be very dark and clumsy... but still, i'll see if it really is so before i state anything.
And of course, thanks :D

PhotoGuy30523 said:
:drool: i envy you for having a beautiful place like that, i like them all..
Thank you!
I think I don't appreciate this forest enough... I often get fed up of it, but chances are that in a few years none of it will remain because of all the houses and golf courses being built on its original territory to supposedly bring people in contact with the nature... so ****es me off.
Gotta love these woods while they last ;)

(and my pics make no justice to its beauty whatsoever)

These are good Alexandra, snow is very difficult to photograph

All three are really nice, and to be out in a snowstorm with the camera is something else! But it looks like it was worth it and - why would you clone out snow flakes if you managed to capture them?
Compositionwise I find the second most pleasing but for the cropped off tip of the tree. I really like this view across the frozen pond!

thank you guys, it's really nice to hear :D

corinna: i see what you mean about the cropped tree... i'll see if i kept the original :confused:
edit: i just checked and actually that's where the top of the original stop too, i just cropped the bottom... hm. that's too bad... but imo the pic still looks right the way it is :)

really cool alexandra!! the first one would have to be my favorite..love the flakes in it! :thumbup:

thanks!
Actually if you manage to see some big blurry areas, that's where i had flakes on the lens :er:

excellent winter photos, alex, i like #1 best, like #2 also, but find myself agreeing with LaFoto about the tree-tip... ;)

and it looks WAY cold... you are a more dedicated photog than i... i don't do snow...:thumbup:

thank you!

...wait. you have snow in arizona? omg, you don't know what cold is... but again, i'm russian. I suppose one gets used to it. in fact, it's never that terrible... as long as you're not hungry :lol:

these shots are great Alex! I'm in love with #2, nice comp, but I wish the one tree wasn't cut off at the top.

-Joe

Most reactions

Back