gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mount Airy, North Carolina is Andy Griffith's hometown. It is believed that Mount Airy was the inspiration for the town of Mayberry on the Andy Griffith Show. Today, there are many reminders of Mayberry in Mount Airy...a replica of the Sheriff's Office, Floyd's Barber Shop, Wally's Service Station, etc. There is also the Andy Griffith Museum. Andy's house is now available for visitors...and that property is managed by Hilton.

I was just passing through on my road trip and stopped to capture a few photographs. The light was so horrendous that I limited my shooting mostly to the replica Sheriff's Office (which also served as the Courthouse and Prison).

p3562082633-5.jpg

p3562082631-5.jpg

p3562082634-5.jpg

p3562082632-5.jpg

p3562082629-5.jpg

p3562082659-5.jpg

Next up, some images from the campus of West Virginia University.

Thanks again for looking...
Glenn

You hit it at the wrong time. Every year in September they have "Mayberry Days". Lots of reenactors, and events. Have a ton of pictures from the last one we went to.

You hit it at the wrong time. Every year in September they have "Mayberry Days". Lots of reenactors, and events. Have a ton of pictures from the last one we went to.
That would have been amazing...I'm a big fan. I guess the only saving grace for me is that I had the Sheriff's Office to myself for some photography!

Glenn

@crf8 what year were you there? The Barney impersonator wasn't the the best, the year we were there. I've seen the one you posted before at another event and think he does a better job.

@crf8 what year were you there? The Barney impersonator wasn't the the best, the year we were there. I've seen the one you posted before at another event and think he does a better job.

2015 , I have better photos but not on this phone.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

Nice pics/memories. I have to say that although I appreciate and like the last pic it cracked me up a little, "Coca Cola … relieves fatigue." Yep, cocaine has a way of doing that. :boogie:

A friend of ours is the Widow of the makeup artist for the series, Lee Greenway. It was always fun to hear her tell stories that happened during production. The lady who played Aunt Bee was very difficult to work with and there were times she would not come out of her trailer. Whenever that happened, they called Lee because because she would listen to him. Lee also did most of the shooting scenes in the series because he was a world champion marksman.

2015 , I have

I had to go back and look, It's been awhile since we were there, 2013. Maybe time for a road trip, it's pretty country. My favorites from the event were Charlene (had to watch out for the boys), Goober, and Otis. Otis wasn't much on sharing that jug he carried around.:allteeth:
027 (640x467).jpg

IMGP0284 (640x516).jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back