Angel 'Em'

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today I did a shoot for my cousins' little girls. Emma is absolutely angelic - here are a few of my favourites. Comments always appreciated.

#1... My favourite... just noticed that 'sharpened' looking section of hair - not sure what's going on there... I did no sharpening???? what the????????

IMG_7554.jpg

#2... also like it in b&w but think colour wins????

001.jpg

#3...

005.jpg

#4...

004.jpg

She was a bit of a 'mover and a groover' - was too busy looking at everything else but the camera!!! I also had her newborn sister and my other cousin's 2 little girls ( will probably post more tomorrow!)..... needless to say I have a whopping headache!!! What a challenge...feel like I have run a marathon x :heart: Jemma

I adore the first one! It is a shame about the hair bit but i love everything else about it! top job!

Most def #1 is my fav too. I love the expression on her face and the lighting is great.

Great shots Jemmy!

as for that little section of hair, you can try softening it a bit with the unshapr mask tool or even add a bit of a blur just to that little section then sharpen it...or just clone pits and pieces over it for a more natural look...it doest bother me all that much....but those are just some quick ideas for ya to try out

Adorable shots.

That funky bit look like a moiré pattern to me. It probably looked fine larger, but when shrunk, the lines of the hair got to the right size to introduce the effect. There are different ways to resize, including bicubic, etc. Try different ones and see if the effect goes away. If not, you might have to try the other suggestions.

That section of hair doesn't look like it's over sharpened to me. It looks more like a compression artifact, or like you resized to an odd number of pixels. Is it there in the full size image? I'll see that type of artifact if I'm viewing at 33% or 66%.

Color definitely wins on these. Love the composition on #1.

markc said:
Adorable shots.

That funky bit look like a moiré pattern to me. It probably looked fine larger, but when shrunk, the lines of the hair got to the right size to introduce the effect. There are different ways to resize, including bicubic, etc. Try different ones and see if the effect goes away. If not, you might have to try the other suggestions.

Heheh, beat me to it, LOl.

jemmy!
shes a such a lovely girl! she looks so natural and happy here!
i love #1 (and #2) - i cant decide which one i like more - both are amazing!
i also like #3 alot, even tho Emma's left (or is it right? i always mess it) eye looks a bit underexposed at my monitor...anyaway - its a great series, jemmy!

anja

Thanks guys... just printed it @ 4x6" on my printer and it came out beautifully... Looks like you were right about it being a moire pattern Mark & Robert - must read up on this as I haven't even heard of it!! For Photobucket I resize longest side to 500pixels... that's right isn't it???Thanks again x jem

Fantastic shots! #1 & #4 are my favorites. What an angelic little girl!

Jeez Jemmy, I've got to tell you I am just flat-out astonished at how good you've gotten so quickly. I remember some of your first shots on here were...well...blah. But literally everything you've been posting lately has been stunning.

Most reactions

Back