*Angel*

Did you follow a group of barnstormers? Or did you just happen upon that silo?

btw I love both of them...can't decide lol.

Lots and lots of silos and grain elevators in my area (central IL). I have been trying to improve on my landscape shots. The bland flat scenery in this area doesn't help, so I have to try different stuff, hence, silos.

Thanks for the kind words.

well im about as indecisive as you on this one..... they're both great and i prefer the sky in the B+W......but..... the title is 'angel' and the graff does read better in colour, its just more defined. therefore i would probably choose the colour just because the overall image works better when you study it.... but i would agree, that at a glance the b+w aesthetically looks better.

hope this helps!

Yes it does, thanks!

Okay, I have one more edit. I don't know how I feel about this one, what do you think? I think selective coloring only works in very specific situations and I don't think this is one of them (?)

angelselective.jpg

now im even more confused :confused: .... i like it..... i think it kinda works as a selective colour, but i dont know if i prefer it??.... i think it depends on what its used for.... in like a grungy, skater magazine i think i'd go for the selective.... or as an example of selective in a portfolio or album. But as a stand alone image i think i'd still choose the colour :confused:

I'm assuming you're PSing this to convert to B&W and I know nada about PS. So this suggestion may not mean anything, but... if you apply a "red filter" effect you get the amazing contrast in the sky (because red darkens the sky) but lose the angel on the silo (red filter lightens the wording). How would a "yellow filter" effect work on this shot? You would still get a darkening of the sky against the white clouds but also a slight darkening of the red Angel also.
In other words, you should be able to enhance the sky and also the Angel to come up with a "killer" B&W image.

DestinDave said:
I'm assuming you're PSing this to convert to B&W and I know nada about PS. So this suggestion may not mean anything, but... if you apply a "red filter" effect you get the amazing contrast in the sky (because red darkens the sky) but lose the angel on the silo (red filter lightens the wording). How would a "yellow filter" effect work on this shot? You would still get a darkening of the sky against the white clouds but also a slight darkening of the red Angel also.
In other words, you should be able to enhance the sky and also the Angel to come up with a "killer" B&W image.

Thank you for the idea, I never thought of that. I will give it a try!:sexywink:

i generally do not like selective coloring but you managed this one very well. nice job!

I really dont know. I am leaning towards the black and white, but the selective colour looks cool too

Most reactions

New Topics

Back