Angela-Glam

Do it Pete. I swear you will make a crapload of money. Who doesn't want a flawless photo of themselves? Better than that, they will want EVERY photo in every size you offer.

Oh... I'm SURE of that. The problem is, it's YOU who has the abitlity to see the potential... not me. I think my strong suit is posing/lighting. I'm just having problems envisioning what to do after that.

I think we'd make a KILLER combo.

Oh... I'm SURE of that. The problem is, it's YOU who has the abitlity to see the potential... not me. I think my strong suit is posing/lighting. I'm just having problems envisioning what to do after that.

I think we'd make a KILLER combo.

Yep, we would make a deadly Combo!
And yes, you can see the trends. Buy every bridal mag at your local store. It's tax deductable. Study Study Study.

Actually slice it any way you want it. I give the photo disc to the client but I still make on average $500 on a bridal/engagement and $1500-$2000 extra on a wedding.
Why?
Because the photos are ALL processed and pretty. Everyone looks great. More time? Yep, but I make more than enough to take care of that.

Is that just on extra print sales?
My plan was to get as much work this year as I could and learn as much as I could so that I could raise my prices by the beginning of next year. I am definitely feeling very confident about doing that now.
Please keep posting Cindy. Your work is a lot of fun to look at.

maybe you should should just raise your prices now . . . you might get more work to top it off.

maybe you should should just raise your prices now . . . you might get more work to top it off.

I probably should, but I have just been so nervous about doing it because higher prices means a higher expectation from the clients and honestly that scares me a little bit!

I guess I've been nervous that I wouldn't keep getting clients as well, but I suppose I can always lower them again if I absolutely have to....

Is that just on extra print sales?
My plan was to get as much work this year as I could and learn as much as I could so that I could raise my prices by the beginning of next year. I am definitely feeling very confident about doing that now.
Please keep posting Cindy. Your work is a lot of fun to look at.

Thank you. Yes, that is extra money. :)

Check out example number two Pascal. There is a huge difference. While she is a very pretty subject to start with, her skin is very uneven, she has a small amount of acne, large poors, an armpit "vagina", a lumpy elbow, flat hair, and her dress makes her look heavy in the belly area. The photo is flatly lit, there is no gloss in her hair, her eyes are dead and tired, and she has a large bruise on her left arm. Her face is wide at the cheek, her eyes were a different width, her front arm was thicker because she was leaning on it........

Now which do you think she would prefer? Do you think she sees herself as photo number one, or photo number two?

She probably sees herself as one, but likes two better. No serious, like I said: it's NOT about the pictures shown here. I know people prefer a better version of themselves, especially on occassions like these. But that's not my point.
All I was referring to was that woman that 'lost' 40 lbs in her/your pictures. If she thinks 'I know that's not really me, but I love it'...fine by me. But if the difference between the real person and the person in the picture is really big, don't come complaining that others look at the pics and say 'oh, but that's not her'. (and 40 lbs is a lot, or am I wrong?)
I'm not talking about your work; keep it up, it's good. I'm talking about the perception of the ones being photographed and the reactions pics can evoke.

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back