Angels - emulsion lift

Jazz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One thing I like about transfers and lifts is the feeling of accomplishment when I get a recognizable image, as opposed to a pile of goo on expensive paper. So much work goes into them that I think I tend to stand a little taller than I should when showing them. After all, they're cracked, too contrasty and distorted. Can't help it, still think they're cool to look at and fun to do. Here's a couple of NY Angels.

119430727-L.jpg

119430692-L.jpg

Your assessment of them up there explains it all, doesn't it? I remember posting one on this forum that I'd worked very hard to craft, and someone commented: "Oh. Looks like she tore it." How to answer this....?? :biglaugh:

Anyway.

These are great! (yep, cracks and all!) Love the attitude and pose of the model in #1. :thumbup:

Matt - I'm fascinated by imagery, and am always looking for a fix. Just checked out your site and it was a feast. Well seen, well done. Way cool. And thanks.

Terri - What's your problem? Didn't you ever learn to play by the rules? All photos must be square, in focus and well lit with the subject centered. Torn photos indeed! :lol::lol::lol:

For comparison, this was the original shot that day as a b&w Hassie neg. At the end I shot some slides for transfers etc.

Why do we take a perfectly normal photo and turn it into a lift? I dunno. Why not? :D:D

119453202-M.jpg

108526990-M.jpg

Thanks Jazz. Many kudos to you as well. Btw, are you a musician? I've been a jazz lover and musician for hrm, lets see, 16 years now. :)

Sorry, but my photo in the last post is not showing up. I'll check.

Matt - Nope, I wish. I'm just listening to a lot of jazz the last few years and loving it. I think it changes my cells on a biological level. Some of it does, anyway.

Please do, all I see is the deadly red X on the second image!

Rules.....!? In photography....? So THAT'S what I've been missing all this time! :idea:

:lol:

I like this image just fine as a B&W, but I think it moved to another level once it "went Polaroid". Thanks for sharing it!

neat! I've done a few lifts and Akkkk! what a chore. I like gum for the same reason...the challenge.

I'm a digital junkie...but i'm also a photo enthusiast :)

Both of these images are beautiful! Like the others, I especially like the first :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back