Angels in Florida

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tricked ya! Bet you did not expect aircraft photos :lmao: Visited NAS Pensacola, home of the US Navy Blue Angels Demonstration Team while down south and caught a practice show.

ba2802.jpg

ba2806.jpg

ba2813.jpg

ba2828.jpg

ba2821.jpg

ba2847.jpg

ba2895.jpg

ba2923.jpg

ba2932.jpg

Happy Landings,

Eric

Oh wow. I can't manage to type the sounds I'm making right now... but it goes something like the Awwrghghwww that Homer makes when he's talking about donuts, beer or fat.

Awwwrghghwww great photos! and awesome planes!! Are they actually touching in #4 or what?!

Meysha, #4 is called a mirror image pass and at the right angle it looks great. I have been photographing aircraft since I was nine so it along with any type of action shots come easy to me. The next time you see a group like this look at them with binoculars and you will see how unsteady they are and how much they bounce around during the loops and rolls. I have had the pleasure of photographing the Canadian Harvard aircraft Association during loops and rolls and it was very exciting but challenging. You can see those photos at http://www.airic.ca/html/chaa_a2a.html

Happy Landings,

Eric

These are really awesome!
I have a LOT of Blue Angels photos... Since I live near San Antonio I get to see them a lot. Also, I know one of the Blue Angel Pilots that lives here in San Antonio.
Great job!:thumbup:

homesick...homesick......eric these are great... i was born and raised on airforce bases, and actually born on nellis afb, which is home to "the thunderbirds", and had the honor of saying they babysat me before.....have watched blue angels a thousand times...love thier shows, been to pensacola and thier home base many times...thanks for bringing back memories...these are difficult shots to get...you are awesome at this...just awesome....! and your right, they are so close flying so fast, and they baubble and weave ....if you watch close, it will take your breath away......love the heck outta air shows.....

Another set of awesome photos Airic. Way too tough to pick a favorite, but number 4 really stands out. All are equally amazing. Great work my friend.!!!!!!!

aprilraven said:
homesick...homesick......eric these are great... i was born and raised on airforce bases, and actually born on nellis afb, which is home to "the thunderbirds", and had the honor of saying they babysat me before.....have watched blue angels a thousand times...love thier shows, been to pensacola and thier home base many times...thanks for bringing back memories...these are difficult shots to get...you are awesome at this...just awesome....! and your right, they are so close flying so fast, and they baubble and weave ....if you watch close, it will take your breath away......love the heck outta air shows.....

Sounds like my dream. I would have loved to have lived on a base, especially Nellis.

Eric

Excellent shots, particularly the first one. Is that a trick of perspective or do they really rotate that aggressively?

Ant said:
Excellent shots, particularly the first one. Is that a trick of perspective or do they really rotate that aggressively?

He rotates just like you see in the photo then performs a barrel roll right from the take-off.

Eric

beautiful images, great work. :hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back