Anger Management!

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking that's what Mother Nature could use right about now. Someone needs to remind her that it's spring and should be getting nice out. Today all of Western NY experienced winds up to 75mph with extreme damage to trees and power lines. Tens of thousands are without power tonight as a result.

So I did what any sensible photographer would do. I drove upwards of an hour to photograph the waves crashing over the lighthouse at Sodus Point, NY. This is on Lake Ontario. It was a pretty incredible display of nature's power; I've never seen the lake even close to this angry.

Nikon D500 with 70-200. Shot at 165mm, f/8, iso 800, 1/500th
Sodus Point Lighthouse by Destin Danser, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great capture. This is the type of waves I would more often associate with the ocean, but given 75 mph winds, I guess they help significantly.

WesternGuy

Great capture. This is the type of waves I would more often associate with the ocean, but given 75 mph winds, I guess they help significantly.

WesternGuy

Thanks! Lake Ontario is the size and depth of a small ocean, so conditions often get quite rough in open water. But the wind rarely comes from a direction that gives us this much wave action along the southern shore.

Thanks guys!

Most reactions

Back