Animals! C&C Please!

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still new to photography, but I think I'm getting better.

These are recent shots, please give me some C&C on them. Thanks!

My dog Rusty (top) plays with my grandma's dog, Bailey (bottom) on a trampoline.
may06132.jpg

My dogs in our backyard.
2-1.jpg

Rusty in our front yard.
may06020.jpg

A scary black widow spider that was in my back yard!
WidowFangs.jpg

(I had to go out at night to find a black widow, they never come out during the day)

No1?

Please reply somehow. Thx.

i like the dog shots. they all look good, but the only thing i see wrong with them all, is theres parts missing from each. i think they would look amazing if the hind quarters werent cut off in each of the shots. normally im not that picky about perfect composition, but in this case i think it would have helped a bit.

theyre still very nice shots tho, IMO.

Well, the first seems too unplanned and random.
It shows the dogs all right, but there is way too much distracting background to be seen, angular parts at odd angles at that, and the dogs not looking or cut off in part.

The second is nice and simple with the sofa back as the sole background. Keep that location in mind for further "shootings" with those dogs, and explore into how this sofa (which I assume is placed outdoors on the porch somewhere?) is being lit at different times of the day.

And then try to either get all of the dog into the frame or focus on their faces only. With this given photo I feel that if you crop further, so it begins to look deliberate that parts of the brown dog are cropped, this one could work, after all.

For the third I feel that your POV (point of view) was somewhat below optimum. You should have moved further to your right, and even further down (flat on your stomach, I guess), to only have dog (all of him) and flowers as background inside your frame. Nothing behind the flowers and not the brown kind of plant on the right.

The black widow gives me the shivers, though I normally don't get any shivers out of spider pics.

The second has a little too much shadow. But I llike them!!! SO cute! Haha :)

Thanks everyone. :D

I agree about the composition of the dogs but I like these a bunch still. And you could really make that spider one very creepy in photoshop!! :confused: :lol:

Yeah, come to think of it, I never did anything to the black widow one.

I should try some photoshop on it.

Most reactions

Back