Anna

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A portrait of my girlfriend Anna who finally have stopped being afraid of the camera. This is her in her new winter coat. :)

annaportrttnd4.jpg

Canon EOS 350D, EF 75-300mm
Touched up in Photoshop.

Hope you like!

Tell her she has no reason to be camera shy! That is a great shot. Love how the dark jacket and background draws attention to her face.

Thank you. :) I'm not that used to portraits, but when the light and everything works out, then it's really fun. :)

wow...
you are lucky.
she is too beautyful for this world
and...for that reason, maybe you should try a more natural pict and use less post-processing

She is a lovely girl and it is a great shot of her... the only thing that would have helped the shot is some kind of seperation from the background. Her hair gets lost in the dark background. It is a problem that every portrait photographer struggles with. Just a little light on the background and the problem is cured, or a background that isnt quite so dark.

That said she glows right out of the blackness which is also nice. Well done.

Thanks alot for the comments! Very appreciated. I agree that the background could be a little brighter.

Rabieshund said:
I agree that the background could be a little brighter.

Not so fast! You have a nice, subtle separation going on here, and I bet this will print very well. This can be hard to achieve. This is a wonderful low key portrait. If the background gets much lighter, I'm afraid the shot may be spoiled.

Pete

On my screen her hair separates really nicely from the background and the fact that everything here is dark BUT her face really helps this photo.
Did you set this up and if so which light did you use?
Or did you just spot this situation and took advantage of it?

Ok, good to know. Thanks! :)

LaFoto: This was taken during a round of test shots. I'm going to shoot a band later on (hopefully) and me and my girlfriend just took some test photos on that place we'd found. It's shot in a multistorey carpark (is that the correct word for it?!) and there is a place there that fits perfect for the band shooting. So I didn't set up the lighting. Though, the background was a little brighter, but I did darken it a bit in Photoshop. I guess there's pretty much luck in this photo, hehe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back