Not open for further replies.

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll add these into the FAQs and whatnot in a bit, but I wanted to let you all know about a few things...

1. Timelines - Going forward we mods are committing to get some things done by a certain time. Mish is going to ensure she posts the new challenge on the first of each month. I will post the results of the last challenge by no later than the second of each month. (I gave myself an extra day because it's a bit of work to put it all together) Pix will be posting the results of the vote along with the winner the day after voting is completed. We know everyone is anxious for the next step on each one of these challenges, so we don't want to keep everyone waiting. Obviously be patient with us as we do all have other lives outside of here, but take this as a commitment from us to you.
  2. Winner Announcements - Winners will be posted in the announcements section on the TPF HOME PAGE. This will include your image and a "congratulations to so and so for their win" type of thing.
  3. Winner Home Page - We will also be posting (unless you don't want us to!) a link to the winner's home page or flickr (or whatever appropriate) with the announcement of your win. As you know TPF is a HUGE forum with tons of traffic, so this will likely give you winners some great exposure from search engines, casual browsers, etc. Note that we mods will be scanning your home pages before posting and will make judgment calls on appropriateness for posting within the standard forum rules. Obviously we want very much to be able to have your link up there but if there are some issues, we may opt to not. We hope everyone will understand.

Ummmm... I think that's it. Questions or comments welcome as always.

Thanks!

No comments? hmmmm.......

Well, I was kinda hoping you were going to announce a prize for the winner...like sending us a certificate for a free package of bacon!
But yeah, a link to provide great exposure to our sites--I guess that's good too. :lmao:

Ya'll are doing a great job with the Challenge! It's fun to have something like this active again!

Well, I was kinda hoping you were going to announce a prize for the winner...like sending us a certificate for a free package of bacon!
But yeah, a link to provide great exposure to our sites--I guess that's good too. :lmao:

Ya'll are doing a great job with the Challenge! It's fun to have something like this active again!

Bacon based prizes would be AWESOME. :)

Ok, any prize would be awesome, but esp. it were wrapped in bacon. :)

Glad you're enjoying the challenge. Hoping to see lots of interesting entries this month.

A free subscription to the bacon of the month club as the prize would be pure win! I would go from beginner photographer to world-class photographer in .3 seconds for that prize! lol

Sorry, only Supporting Members would get the Bacon Prizes!! Hehe

You need to be a Supporting Member for that, too!! lol

I'll add these into the FAQs and whatnot in a bit, but I wanted to let you all know about a few things...

[*]Timelines - Going forward we mods are committing to get some things done by a certain time. Mish is going to ensure she posts the new challenge on the first of each month. I will post the results of the last challenge by no later than the second of each month. (I gave myself an extra day because it's a bit of work to put it all together) Pix will be posting the results of the vote along with the winner the day after voting is completed. We know everyone is anxious for the next step on each one of these challenges, so we don't want to keep everyone waiting. Obviously be patient with us as we do all have other lives outside of here, but take this as a commitment from us to you.
[*]Winner Announcements - Winners will be posted in the announcements section on the TPF HOME PAGE. This will include your image and a "congratulations to so and so for their win" type of thing.
[*]Winner Home Page - We will also be posting (unless you don't want us to!) a link to the winner's home page or flickr (or whatever appropriate) with the announcement of your win. As you know TPF is a HUGE forum with tons of traffic, so this will likely give you winners some great exposure from search engines, casual browsers, etc. Note that we mods will be scanning your home pages before posting and will make judgment calls on appropriateness for posting within the standard forum rules. Obviously we want very much to be able to have your link up there but if there are some issues, we may opt to not. We hope everyone will understand.

Ummmm... I think that's it. Questions or comments welcome as always.

Thanks!

That's a big commitment. I would scratch that timeline and say within the first week.

Thank you mods for taking the time to do these challenges for the members!

I'm behind on this month's post. Sorry. :(

I'm behind on this month's post. Sorry. :(

I'm not ball busting. Just seems like especially with what you have to do that could take a bit of time. Having a new challenge put out on the first I could see having done on the first but, the other stuff seems like it would take a little longer.

I don't know how you guys actually do your process so I could be wrong but, I would think you could pre plan each month (a head of time) and then just publish ____ months challenge in _____ month assuming the format doesn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back