annoying strange spot on the image

prankster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought Canon A620 and I got these some crystal-like spots on some of my images. These spots mostly happens when I take shots at night. I've checked the lens to see if it's dirty, but I don't see any spot on it and it's really clear. Here I provide one of the images. Could someone tell what's going on? How do I get rid of these spots? I appreciate it.

Looks like dust in the air (big bits of dust). They look like what you see if you take a picture in the snow with the flash or in fog. You get those big spots due to the flash reflecting off the small particles. I would think large chunks of indoor dust might do the same.

It does look like floating dust. However, are they always in the exact same spot? Then it might be dirt on your chip.

Hmm, I get these alot on my cheap Kodak Easyshare when I use the flash. Never seen them at all on my s9500. I enquired as to what they may be and the most popular guess was dust particles but no one could tell me for definite what they were...

The spots appear randomly. They don't appear on the exact same place. So how can I avoid these spots appear on my images?

Well if it is due to dust in the air other then cleaning the air you might try to bounce your flash off the ceiling or a wall. If you are using a built-in flash you can always make a bounce card out of paper. (someone had a post about it in the 'how to' forum a while ago)

*edit* just looked up that camera.. not sure if you could do a bounce card for that.. you might look at turning off the flash and see if the camera can still get a decent pic off the available light

Yes, i think that is just dust personally or a light shining onto the lens from an angle to the camera, maybe a reflection on a reflective surface on the celing. But most likely to be dust on the lens.

Most reactions

Back