Another Abstract from Me

Shutterbug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
untitled31.JPG

It's called "Spiked Drink," and it's another play on words shot that I like so much :p

I think this is almost fantastic. I'm not sure any statement is made by not showing the whole glass and nails. Wonderful concept, beautifully exposed. It doesn't have to be centered but, personally, I need to see the rest.

Also, I wouldn't call this "abstract". With the whole glass and nails showing, this would be an outstanding example of a "graphic" image. It would definitely tell the story of "Spiked Drink".

Tuna

Karalee said:
Excellent stuff! I love it. Whats your setup?

White seamless, 4 norman strobes, two 2000D boxes... I lit it with one light above on a boom (With a big pan reflector) and one light with a snoot on low power to bring out the detail in the nails.

I shot it using a Sony Cybershot F505v, but I'm upgrading to a D70 as soon as I can find a good price.

Good idea and execution. There are two slight issues I have. Well, not issues. Just ideas I'd like to say. I'd like to see either all of the glass or just half, split right down the centre . You're kind of in the middle which looks messy (to me). And have you tried tweaking the background to make it lighter to contrast more with the nails?

That would make it more conventional though. Which I'm not so sure you're after. :)

Most reactions

Back