Another Alberta Wedding

thanks for the compliments - its a ton of work but I enjoy it SO much. I can't give enough credit to this couple - for goodness sakes they are so laid back they went to Subway for supper prior to their dance/reception!

Alpha: No problem in pointing that out. Personally I am just seeing significant midtone/highlight loss in 2 and 18 (and 16 - but, that one is obviously intentionally like that), and I am looking at a calibrated screen. I do appreciate you pointing that out - I know where in my processing that the details are lost so I will watch that in the future. I don't think i will be reworking these ones though.

Emogirl: Aw, well next time :) At that time (and still now in a way) I don't feel comfortable taking references because I would never want the original photographer feeling guilty if I messed up (may that never happen though - ugh!)

BigMike: hey, if you are ever needing a second shooter just send me a PM and vice-versa eh?

Thanks once again everyone!

Im a real pain in the ass, but I think these are terrific. Im sure the couple will be so pleased. GREAT JOB.

absolutely Beautiful! Thats all I can say. I bet the bride will be thrilled with that last picture alone - it belongs in a book of fabulous wedding photos or something. ;)

Brittany, These are Gorgeous!!
I especially love #5, 6, 12, 13, & 19.
Very well done!!!

ETA: wanted to say that I am curious about how #10 would look with a square crop.

Wow! Is all I can say! Wow!

My favorite is the last one but they are ALL super stupendous!

Do you mind if I ask what aperture you mostly shoot at? I'm just nosy :sexywink: Plus I'm trying to perfect that myself.

Also, do you shoot aperture priority or manual? Again, just curious...

You are going to be famous! Mark my words!

had to come back for a second look. Fantastic!

Aww thanks so much everyone :) I really do appreciate everyone who takes the time to comment!

April - I will be certain to try #10 in a square crop - might add some interest to it for certain!

Butterflygirl - I shot this wedding 100% manual from what I can recall (sometimes at the reception I will just go on aperture priority, but the lighting was quite consistent so I shot it all manual). I am a huge histogram hawk so I check that probably every 10 shots or so (chimper!) I quickly looked through the shots and I am thinking most of these were shot between 2.8 and 4 - most were on the Canon 24-70mm (love that lens)

Thanks once again :) I will get that link up soon enough!

These are amazing! :hail:

I love your style on these photos. I'm sure the bride and groom were very pleased with the results. Haha I see you're a Timmy's nut too. Gotta love the Vanilla Dips and Dutchies ;)

Oh yeah and I wanted to ask how you manage to shoot manual the whole way and still get such great candid shots. Aren't you busy checking your shutter speed/aperture the whole time or do you just leave it at certain settings when you find that 'sweet spot' for the specific location?

Incredible is the only word that i can come up with for those pictures! I love the last picture! Very inspiring!

I LOVE № 11, 12 , 19

You are very talented wedding photographer!

Yay! More comments. Thanks so much :)

Oh yes I could survive off of Timmies. I did a garage sale this weekend in the pouring rain and freezing wind and I think there was 6 Tim Horton runs? :lol:

Generally for shooting I will do a test shot, look at the histogram, adjust as needed and go with it. I am constantly checking the internal spot meter through the viewfinder and making sure that my shutter speed stays above 'holdable' speeds. I also shoot in RAW so if I miss it by a stop or a stop and a half it can be 'recoverable' - but I do try to avoid that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back