Another attempt at indoor with NO flash, photo has NO meaning

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not really sure why I am posting this, the image has NO meaning what-so-ever, other than i cleaned my house from top to bottom today, and now i have proof that if any of my family messes it up, they will have to deal with me directly!! I was basically trying to practice an indoor shot with NO FLASH. Once again....photo has NO MEANING, just a shot at indoor with NO flash....advice?? I DO like that that the lights didn't blurr together.....

mecasa.jpg

Aperture (F): 4.00
ISO speed rating: 400
Lens focal length, mm: 29.0
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Shutter speed (APEX): 0.0313 (1/32)
Exposure mode: Manual exposure

Exposure looks fine.
It looks like it could use a couple degrees rotation CCW.

Exposure looks fine.

Once again, was trying for the exposure with NO FLASH, wasn't concerned about comp. I am just trying to learn too much at one time, whew...

Advice- Take photos with meaning to the furthest of your capabilities. Process to the furthest of your capabilities. THEN come and post for CC.

Exposure looks fine.

Once again, was trying for the exposure with NO FLASH, wasn't concerned about comp. I am just trying to learn too much at one time, whew...

LOL

Why so defensive? It's not like I said it sucked or something.

Once again, your NO FLASH exposure looks fine. But it's a little crooked.

It is always a good idea to practice putting it ALL together.. rather than practicing just ONE thing at a time! That way it becomes second nature.. like breathing, or riding a bike. Only takes a few seconds more, and it shows that you are THINKING about the shot, not just snapping it off! :)

I wouldn't even have mentioned the crookedness, except that in a photo like that, with A LOT of straight lines, it tends to be more noticeable.

Looks okay for a snap of the clean-clean-clllllleaaaan kitchen!!! It does seem a slight bit un-level to me, but otherwise, for a single-exposure (meaning non HDR or non-multi-exposure composited shot) photo, I think the exposure looks good. You have a lovely kitchen.

I wouldn't even have mentioned the crookedness, except that in a photo like that, with A LOT of straight lines, it tends to be more noticeable.

Yea.. very much so! That and she missed a speck of dust on that counter! Kills the whole shot! :)

Yea.. very much so! That and she missed a speck of dust on that counter! Kills the whole shot! :)
Come with the white glove.....you will not find dust. LOL....

Advice- Take photos with meaning to the furthest of your capabilities. Process to the furthest of your capabilities. THEN come and post for CC.

Agreed :) At least I got that the exposure was decent...which is what I was looking for. I read a lot about the exposure triangle, and IMHO, I think a flash woulda killed it.

Exposure looks fine.

LOL

Why so defensive? It's not like I said it sucked or something.

Once again, your NO FLASH exposure looks fine. But it's a little crooked.

Wasn't being defensive :) Just pointing out that the photo had no meaning other than "how am I doing with exposure?"

It's just that you seem to have pretty strong feelings for a photo that has no meaning...

Your exposure is fine - time to move on to bigger and better things, like composition. ;)

Most reactions

Back