Another attempt at subtle

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My goal is to put everyone into a trance state. :)

IMG_0731.jpg

Nice! I open this and my first thought was superior! I really like this pic, nice work! Love bathtubs! Is this one fully enclosed?

I really like it, but my eye keeps being drawn to the reflection of the smoke in the upper right hand corner. You might consider cloning it out.

Going from sedate to more pop in this version. I made a simple edit, added saturation to bring out the warmth and color of the evening sun. Added contrast and sharpening. Decreased brightness. Cloned out smoke. Uncropped version, one can see a little bit of the lake at the top right

Liz yes this fully enclosed.

IMG_0731b.jpg

Excelent work, but you did post it in the critique forum so...

I really like the reflection of the tree, but when you look up to line it up, the actual tree is cut off. It would have been nice to see the whole tree. Also, it would be nice to see the rest of the rock coming off of the top right corner. All my advice would be is to get a wider shot. Everything else is pretty much spot on if you ask me.

Thank you Maxbennett,

I agree the cutoff tree bothers me also. Your post gave me an idea for a crop. If I were to crop the picture on the top, right down to the bottom of tree sticking out of the rock, getting rid of the tree altogether gets rid of the quirk. This can be seen by just scrolling down on the page till the tree dissapears. The rock at the top right then frames the pool. What do you think? Although I will loose that form and color of the rock.

I really like it and it takes me back to the tubs that I bring out daughters to each summer! Thanks for the nice reminder!

Most reactions

Back