Another attempt at sunsets..with a surprise

dirtnapper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
marbleorchards.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it looked as if there might be a decent sunset tonight, so I packed up the gear and headed to a fav spot - the reservoir. Got a few shots as I walked the wall. I was just about to leave at my last stop, when I looked down to see a yellow ball of feathers...the wings spread and there is this small parakeet... It looked up, and I reached down and picked it up...no struggle. It flew off in a small circle and came back, this repeated a couple of times. Since keets are are not indigenous to this area, just north of Boston, MA...and he is from Aussie...I decided to take him home. He is a young bird and thin, maybe out for awhile. On the way home he flew up to the dash...and there he sat as if this was a normal routine. I grabbed the camera and switched to auto to try and get a shot... I'll post some flyers there tomorrow, I think someone is missing a pet. I put him in our cockatiel's cage...and it went right for the feed dish..hungry. It finally went up to the perch, preened, and is now asleep. Oh ya, so how are the sunsets pics?

Reservoir01a.jpg

Reservoir02a.jpg

Keet04.jpg

What resivior is that. I live in Boston and that looks like a nice place to go shoot. Have you ever been up to the middlesex fells there is a great shot of boston from next to one of the look out towers. If you bring bolt cutters you can get an even better shot from inside the tower. If you do cut the lock tell me because I have wanted to get up inthat tower for a while

D-50 said:
What resivior is that. I live in Boston and that looks like a nice place to go shoot. Have you ever been up to the middlesex fells there is a great shot of boston from next to one of the look out towers. If you bring bolt cutters you can get an even better shot from inside the tower. If you do cut the lock tell me because I have wanted to get up inthat tower for a while

This is the Danvers Reservoir....looking toward Boston...just down the road from the Topsfield Fairground. It is a nice spot. I think I know the spot on the fells...it is that the first tower that overlooks the rotary near Border Rd or the other tower near the large water tank as you come down 28 in Stoneham; both of which are on the road side near Spot Pond. I did not know they were locked...used to be open??? The only issue is parking, since it closes at dusk.

Thats the exact spot. Yeah parking is tough there but if you know the woods there is parking down the road where you cannot be blocked in but it is a bit of a walk to the tower and I think I would get lost in there at night. I think Ill check out the Danvers resivior soon, looks nice. I was up there earlier this summer and the tower has a lock on it I assume its due to the beer cans up there and not wanting drunk kids to use the tower for drinking and other things.

Well, I sure like your sunset pics, and I also like the story that goes with the taking of these ... and I do believe you found a budgie here.
Remember I had a rare bird sighting in our garden a couple of weeks ago?
(See here ).
That was someone's budgie, too, and we could not catch it, so it flew off - I hope someone got their pet back eventually. They don't fare too well in our climates.

Most reactions

Back