Photos OK to edit
Here's another beauty shot from a session a few weeks back

Nikon D7000
Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VII

1/160sec @ F/4 110mm

Thoughts on composition & processing?

$rachelhallammill (56 of 123)-Edit copy 2.jpg

Thanks

IMO to tightly cropped and the WB looks off. Pretty eyes though.

IMO to tightly cropped and the WB looks off. Pretty eyes though.

Thank you.

I know alot of people don't like that crop, I love the tight 16:10 crop though =]

White balance is probably a little blue? I'm still yet to properly calibrate my monitor (need to by a new calibrater & I haven't got any money lol), alot of people are saying my WB is too blue?

The skin tone looks a hair too cool to me, otherwise I think it's beautiful.

How did you light this?

The catchlight in her eyes vs. the highlight in her hair is throwing me off. :lol: Did you have two lights for this or one strategically placed one?

The catchlight in her eyes vs. the highlight in her hair is throwing me off. :lol: Did you have two lights for this or one strategically placed one?

X2. Judging by the highlight and shadow, I'm leaning toward two lights.

X2. Judging by the highlight and shadow, I'm leaning toward two lights.

Yeah, in which case, I would have positioned the light highlighting her hair differently. My only other quip about this image is that I think the contrast between the lit hair vs. the not lit hair is too much. If you're going to highlight the hair, I'd like to see a little more light on the dark side of her hair as well.

Two lights were used & a reflector.

One 22inch beauty dish with a grid basically straight in front of the model and raised up.

Then a hair light to the models left. I would agree with the hair light, I think it should have been placed a little better by myself.

The reflector was below the model, just out of frame.

Two lights were used & a reflector.

One 22inch beauty dish with a grid basically straight in front of the model and raised up.

Then a hair light to the models left. I would agree with the hair light, I think it should have been placed a little better by myself.

The reflector was below the model, just out of frame.

Yeah I think the lighting on her face is great... it's just the dark section of hair that skews everything for me a little as far as lighting is concerned.

I love it. This is a case where the cooler tones work. I like a tighter crop. The use of lighting here is exceptional, because it really sculpted her face well. Nice.

I love it. This is a case where the cooler tones work. I like a tighter crop. The use of lighting here is exceptional, because it really sculpted her face well. Nice.

Thank you.

Beauty dishes are just such amazing modifiers. They truely do make people look beautiful. Not that the model was not beautiful to begin with.

Most reactions

Back