Another car photo

phototard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out taking a few pictures of my new (to me) car. Tell me what you guys think, any and all C&C welcome.

Onbridge.jpg

First thoughts: amazing shot!

It may be slightly under exposed. A few small areas in the trees are dark, along with the tires. I had a white car that I loved to photograph, and it was tricky to get both the tires and body properly exposed. I think you could have made the exposure a touch brighter without losing any highlights in that beautiful sky and body of the car. I'm not ruling out that my monitor is the culprit for certain areas appearing to be a bit dark, but either way, a tiny tweak to the curves would remedy that.

I'm curious as to how the image would look if you took a few steps to your left, and turned you camera a bit to the right, or rolled the car backward a foot and framed it the same way with that perfect side view. The reason I mention this is because in this image, the buildings in the background appear to stick up out of the a-pillar and roof of the car. That could be perceived as a slight distraction from the flow of the lines of the car.
It would be interesting to see how it would have looked with a little piece of sky filling in that small area to the right of the buildings and to the left of the trees. But at the same time, the roof line of the car in this image kind of "bridges the gap" between the left and right halves of the treelines and I think that works well. It's tough to say whether seeing all there is to see of the buildings from your chosen point of view would be a distraction in itself. Due to the buildings being close to center in the frame and the diagonal lines of the tree tops, it's hard to say whether that would "battle" with the car as the focal point.

Overall I think it's a stunning capture as-is, and definitely one to be proud of. Is that a WRX?

I love it. A few things above, yes, but it's a nice photo. Personally I would like to see a tiny bit more road infront of the car.

The buildings are a little bit distracting, but they could be cloned out easily.

Judging by the hoodscoop, I'd say it's an STi. Either way, it's an absolutely beautiful machine. I haven't been fortunate enough to take an STi for a spin, but I have driven a WRX a couple of times and MAN is it a fun car. Grips the road like no other.

Thanks for the comments! I'll have to keep those things in mind for next time I do a shoot. I have a few more photos from that shoos so maybe I'll see if I can find one closer to the above described photo.

And yes it's an 07 WRX STI Limited, and I love it!

Most reactions

Back