Another car pic, more powerful this time

DSLR noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2002 Ford Mustang GT. More thought went into this pic over the Mazda pic I posted. any thoughts for improvement?

GT.jpg

I think it is a great picture, but clone the leaves off the ground, they are a bit distracting.

I felt that they helped he shot, but that's why I asked. I'll see if anymore advice rolls in before I do that.

I like the reflections and the car. Personally the leaves don't bother me at all, but that's personal preference.

I really can't see anything wrong in this picture, nice shot.

Get yourself a tripod. I think this shot needs more depth of field, and at 1/60 and ISO800, you had not room to breath. You could have done a several second exposure at f/8 with a tripod and gotten a much sharper picture. 1/3 a stop more exposure and a contrast boost would also help.

I think that a less distracting background would be nicer. The background was the first thing I noticed. I would also go for a tad more light on the car. Maybe a very soft light would make it really nice.

My eye went first to the fence as well.
I love the leaves. It makes it more "natural" to me, but it's still way dark, IMO.

The fence and apartments are a little unappealing. But maybe some photoshop work could take care of that. Little dark, but good.

You definatly need a deeper dof, judging from tis photo and the last I think you may need to experiement dof a little more. When using a shallow Dof you want the part of the photo in focus to contain an interesting subject. To me it appears only the left side of the rear spoiler is in focus and I dont think that is much of an interesting subject. Its also a bit dark. On a positive note I do like the angle of the shot.

thanks all, I appreciate the comments and everytime I post here, the first thing I think is "Why didn't I think of that on the field!" the second, is that I know everytime I post here, it is better than the last time, due to the advice the first time. You guys are really helping me to take better photos. Thanks.

The sexiest part of that car is it's butt, thats what the competition sees when they meet you on the street and vainly try for a race.

In this pic, its all blacked out and missing a lot of it's character. For me, the broody darkness seems to be the star of this shot and the car is just in there by happenstance.

Leafs... if you had a car like that, and spent DAYS polishing it to that shine, would you want leaves around it? Not I, if I was the owner and wanted to represent my car. Perhaps thats a thought from the perspective of the car owner, not me as a critic. No leaves for me, IMHO.

I like the pic, it has a lot going for it... but it is lacking definition and strength. I get a lot of brooding darkness from it instead. Thats not necessarily bad if that was your intent.

I think it is a great shot! I did not find the background distracting at all. I do think that a larger DOF would have helped.

Maybe a very soft light would make it really nice.

I know this is an older thread so excuse my tardiness. It looks like this shot was taken at magic hour so sofer light isn't really possible. Personally I think that the reflections are a bit busy. My eye is drawn to the reflection of the tree which takes away from the rest of the composition. I think it would look much nicer if this was taken on a salt flat or on a country road surrounded by grass. I really like the way the bottom of the car falls to black with the top portion glowing from the soft reflection. I think next time you will nail it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back