Another car pic... part 2

theRossatron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Again fire away :) first selective colouring attempt - thought it worked here as the carpark colours are quite subtle anyway...

selectiveSmall.jpg

The stars or the glare off the lights need to reduce it or set a higher f.stop and go longer shutter or just switch the lights off. other than that looks good to me :)

I think it works great

Thanks for the comments guys.

I think i was on f22 :O but I may have some at a higher shutter speed which may make the flares less dazzling.

Nice pic, but I don't think you need to shoot at f/22.

Thanks Cyrus, Is there a downside to shooting at such a low aperture? I was on a tripod and it allowed me to get those starburst on the lights, or would I have a gotten the same sorta results at a lower f stop?

I read this tidbit on luminous-landscape.com

no lens is at its best when stopped down to f/22 or f/32, due to diffraction effects

Despite that, I really like the pic, the stary-flare thing really works, as does the B&W background.

I like the shot, like the glare from the headlights, it works. The only thing I could add is take out the light at the back of the car and the reflections under the mirror, they are somewhat distracting. Good job.

Thanks for all the comments guys lots of cool stuff to keep in mind next time I attempt something like this!

If I have time I'll maybe 'shop out some of the distracting reflections.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back