Another Engagement Session

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These two are getting married in Washington and are moving to Ohio soon after, but I had the pleasure of getting their engagement pics done here in Colorado in the city where they met. (They met while attending CU Boulder). We started off at the Pearl Street Mall and ended at Chautauqua Park, but the park was difficult as the sun was really bright and there was a ton of snow on the ground.

1.)
Erin--Brad-00-usm.jpg

2.)
Erin--Brad-1-4x6.jpg

3.)
Erin--Brad-10-4x6.jpg

4.)
Erin--Brad-12-4x6.jpg

5.)
Erin--Brad-000-usm.jpg

Thanks you guys! NJ, it means a lot to me that you mentioned the skin tone because that's something that I've been trying to master. His face especially had so much red in it and I was trying to get it to look right without it getting too weird looking and washed out. Luna, I'll have to remember to think about that next time I do a shot like this one. As it is, I did think her leg looked kind of funny in that shot, but I still like it overall.

Allsmiles, i agree, this gal was gorgeous. And they were both tall! I was pretty blown away when I saw her because she looks just like my sister in law.

NJ, it means a lot to me that you mentioned the skin tone because that's something that I've been trying to master. His face especially had so much red in it and I was trying to get it to look right without it getting too weird looking and washed out.

You are very welcome. Its something I have struggled with myself, and I usually spend quite a bit of time on to get right. But its definitely worth it. Im surprised at how much I see skin tones that are either too warm or too cool, but it all depends on the kind of look you are going for as well. I just try to stick with what looks natural and then keep it consistent across the whole series. Keep up the great work. :)

Oh these are beautiful! I have an engagement session coming up in May and it will be in the city. If I do HALF as good as you did here - I will be very happy!

Thank you Kathi:) I bet you will do a great job. You have steadily been improving since I saw your first stuff and I think you will only go up:)
I found a lot of inspiration from this blog: (that's where I got the idea of having him lay in her lap...I just liked the tenderness of it so I decided to try it at my own session).
Maybe it will inspire you for your session as well:)
http://www.bobbiandmike.com/blog/?paged=6

#2 and #4 are beautiful shots.

OhI checked out that blog - it's awesone. Neat ideas for sure. I'm glad you think I am improving, sometimes I feel stuck but I keep on trying. :) You learn something new every day right? lol
I just got my len 85mm 1.8 in the mail yesterday! woohoo - maybe this will help too - what lens did you use for these?

Kathi: Don't worry, I have lots of days where I feel stuck for sure. I especially feel uncreative if I'm tired:) But I try to keep a little notebook with sketches of posing ideas in case I'm on a session and I just feel lost.

I have heard a ton of great things about the 85 1.8
For most of these I used my 24-85 3.5 but I think I used my 50 1.4 for some of them. I pulled out and used my 70-200 2.8, but I'm not that fond of that lens yet because I hate being so far away from my subjects! So it makes me think I wouldn't really like the 85 1.8

Thank you for the kind compliments Turn, Bella, and Kenneth!

Her leg looks out of place in number 2. I'd either set it down or bring the other leg up too. Other than that, it looks great!

Most reactions

Back