Another first.... : model shoot

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here's a few pics i shot on my holiday for her as a favor... she works in the entertainment biz and has been hugely dissatisfied with her studio shoots with bigger/better photogs... asked me to shoot some coz somewhere my street portraits struck a chord with her.. they still need 'processing' and 'cleaning' up before i print and send....
so here goes...

7edb91b1.jpg

acd6db9c.jpg

93ca465e.jpg

a02d902f.jpg

2d6039f8.jpg

so....
how did i do?

thanks for looking :) comments/critiques much appreciated:thumbup:

Beautiful shots of a beautiful lady.

As far as critique, the first one is a little dark. I'd lighten her face a bit. It would also help bring out her eyes, which are hidden in shadow. The blur on the left is also a little distracting, so I would crop that out.

I really like the second one. I might just burn in where her hair "parts". It's a bit light, which attracts the viewers eye. If it were darker, the eye would be free to roam about her face.

I really like the last one, also. I'd just burn in her hair at the top right and crop out the blur to the left of that dark bar for the same reason; they are a bit distracting. Really great expression and light here.

hey mansi...I love these shots. Very down-to-earth feel to them with the soft light. I like the contrast of the softness of the model with the rough textured wall...really accentuates and enhances her beauty.
Love the look she's giving in that first shot and the close pose against the wall makes it! Agree with mark on opening up the shadows in that one.
second is a beautiful pose and the light roks it...only niggle would be that I think the main focus should have been on the front-most eye...but you could prob tweak the sharpness in PS.
third one is a classic. Just a stunning portrait. Think she'll love it.
The BW pops..it's got an active feel to it wioth the windswept hair....nice.
The last is a beauty too...very sweet pose and your DOF is superb in all of them. I know you used your 70-200 f4 for these. It did the trick nicely.
Great shots all round :thumbsup: :D

dont mean to be rude or mean but you could possibly photoshop blur her face a bit to make it seem smoother with less bleamishes(sp?) but good shots none the less!

Thanks a LOT markc... appreciate your comments.. i will try out the things you suggested ...
Thanks Matt :)
Thanks Jonk for teh awesome comments :)
Thanks Verb ;) i'll pass it on - NOT :lol:
Mack-
dont mean to be rude or mean but you could possibly photoshop blur her face a bit to make it seem smoother with less bleamishes(sp?) but good shots none the less!
like i said in the introduction to my post "they still need 'processing' and 'cleaning' up..."

Thanks Robert :D

You did great :thumbsup:

Hmmm...if I had to pick a fav...I think the last one. I also really like #2!

Wow these are incredible!! Wonderful Job Mansi.. I really need more practice after looking at these.. She will be very happy !!

Great work as always. No better people photographer then you. Well done. She is very pretty and should be happy with these.

Eric

oh boy you guys are just too nice....thanks y'all

i got totally trashed over these pics by my photog mentor :(
argh

Just remember, any expert opinions are just that... opinions.

I took a class from an established photographer who has a certain way of looking at photography. He's very learned, knows all the history, is aware of the past photographers and their work, etc. I remember before starting the class I talked to some people who had taken it the last time he had offered it, and they said that they were thinking of having shirts printed that said, "I survived [*name*]'s class." Oooohboy.

I did find that he seemed to have a hard time identifying with those less skilled, and he didn't hold back on his opinions at all. I actually like the second part, because I knew I was going to get an honest assessment. And he never simply said he didn't like something; he always said why it didn't work for him.

I learned a lot from him, but there were times when I simply did not agree with his opinion. It was usually when I was doing something a certain way for a specific reason. I'd listen to his advice and reasons, and if I felt they worked, I'd use them, and if not, I didn't. But I always listened and stored it away to see if it applied later.

Anyway, that's a long winded way of saying, "I wouldn't worry about it." Listen to your mentor carefully, but their word isn't the end-all of photography. We each have to make it what it is for ourselves.

Like i said earlier to you, I think they're very well captured. First attempt or not! Am sure she'll find what she was missing from the other photogs :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back