Another Fun Couple!

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A very fun couple! Did their wedding a little over a year ago!

3075886051_9bbf1f6212.jpg

3076718876_64e7c196fb.jpg

3075886495_1bbea32b55.jpg

3076719274_ba4ce0a735.jpg

3075886911_c3c4a5fae1.jpg

3075887107_b1c790c998.jpg

3075887305_d1e218fe98.jpg

3075887531_d5a5a5efc0.jpg

They had seen this style of processing on a web-site. They asked me to try it on theirs - sort of a selective desaturation. Is there a better way to do it?
3075887725_a00653c40f.jpg

I like the photos!

#1 is my favorite,
#2 i dont like the harsh vignette
the rest are all very nice with no specific nit picks...

As far as #9 goes, I would try to boost the sharpening and contrast to add just a liiittlle bit more grit to them. But of course, im not sure if this is the style you are looking for or not

#9 either needs less desaturation or more of it. You've hit on 'zombie' (albeit, smiling, happy zombies) quite well. What really throws me is the tonal difference between her face and her hand.

Great work. #3 is my favorite.

I think #3 is by far the most flattering, and not only is it the best of the group, its a great example of how to pose larger subjects. The posing is excellent, the colors look amazing, (I wish his expression was a bit better but what can you do! =) I really like the lines of the train and the splash of leaves on the ground. If her shoe wasn't either dug into the gravel or hidden in her pants (whichever it is), it would be even stronger. As it is, I would suggest that the couple get it blown up on canvas.

Contrast that with image 6. She looks beautiful, and he looks just awful. Its a very unflattering pose for him, with the rag-doll slump, and no one wants to see his crotch. I love the processing on this shot, and she looks great, so its too bad there isn't one of just her in that pose at that spot.

For #9, the problem I'm seeing is the smoothing + desaturation = zombie. They're channeling the undead there, and his lack of eye contact with the camera is only heightening the effect. Maybe putting a little bit of pink back in the cheeks would work? The only time I really see the desaturation work is in a head shot, where the vibrancy of the eyes can compensation for the ghoul-skin. This shot is too far, so the eyes look a little sunken too. Maybe try the technique on another shot?

Hey! I love Ogden!!! :D

I always love your stuff.... so I'm just letting you know I think you've done a GREAT job!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I went back to the drawing board on #9. I followed the pieces of everyone's advice. Is this one anybetter?

3078230097_f5afb1721d.jpg

Hey! I love Ogden!!! :D

I always love your stuff.... so I'm just letting you know I think you've done a GREAT job!!

Where in Utah do you live? Your profile says small town in Northern Utah. Is that Cache Valley area? We lived there for 8 years! There's some gorgeous spots for photography there!

Most reactions

Back