Another How do I do this in Photoshop thread

fotogenik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am working on modifying a theme for coppermine photogallery because I cannot find one that is going to match my specific site them. What I am trying to do is take an already built image and modify the colors to match those on my site.

The original image is:

button1_r1_c2.gif

What I need to do is take this image and change the mainly blue to a mainly red color with and rgb code of R:169 G:31 B:56

I have figured out so far that I can select just the blueish areas to modify because I want to keep the black outlines that are already on the images.

I have tried hues and saturations, chanel mixer and several other things but I am just not finding something I like.

Any tips on doing this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

off the top of my head...

presuming your using photoshop... make sure your colour pallette is visable, open your image>levels ("Ctrl L" on a pc). Your cursor should now change to the eye dropper when you hover over your image, click on an area of the image (probably best the middle bit with that pic) and you will see the colour values change in the colour pallette. You will notice in your levels windows that you have a drop down menu which says "channel RGB", click on that and change it to the colour you want to alter such as Red. Use the bottom left slider to reduce that colour, and use the top left to add in that colour. You will notice the value for that colour changing in your colour pallatte. Do that for green and blue too.

hope i explained that well. Did that make any sense?

That image is so tiny, and I'm not sure what you want to do. If you have a specific color in mind, just pick it and fill this in.

If all it has is a 1 pixel black border inside you can easily just stroke the inside with 1 pixel black after your done. I can't see if there's a hint of a black line across the middle or not. It's early in the morning, and I'm still not awake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back