Another keeper from todays outing that I like. C&C please

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for those who are offering up C&C on my shots today. Here is one more, well...two more, I'll go ahead and put both in this thread as I'm making too damn many threads today. lol

8316045707_904c25b4f3_c.jpg

*note* I just noticed on the black and white that I F'ed up the sky and snow when processing, so I'll be redoing that. I was farting around with the gamma control too much and not paying attention. So C&C aside from the F'ed up blotches in sky and snow please. Thanks.

8317069348_fb1ece7141_c.jpg

Last edited:
ahh, I failed again, uploaded the wrong color tree, lol. I'll have the right one up in a minute. llol

For #1, it isn't really doing it for me personally. I am assuming the subject is supposed to be the tree in the foreground - but the background is too busy and taking away from that. The second one is much better. I love the contrast between the tree and the snow/sky. Trying to remove some of the background trees from the frame might have made it even better but I am guessing that wasnt a possibility.

ok, updated it. snow still kinda gray though. Should I up exposure more on it?

Doesn't do anything to me. I think the modern building on 1 is distracting. The sheds and fence on #2 kinda ruined it for me to.

That's almost identical to another review I got. I was walking around downtown so it was hard to get shots without modern buildings. I guess it's just a "me" photo then. Dunno why I like it, just do.

For #1, it isn't really doing it for me personally. I am assuming the subject is supposed to be the tree in the foreground - but the background is too busy and taking away from that. The second one is much better. I love the contrast between the tree and the snow/sky. Trying to remove some of the background trees from the frame might have made it even better but I am guessing that wasnt a possibility.

Nah it wasn't. I circled it a bit but not much as I didn't want to make footprints. I tossed around the idea of PS'ing them out, but there is too much of a gradient thing going on in the sky back there so I didn't wanna devote that much time to an "ok" image.

Nice shots ...enjoy the snow.

Thanks. I hope the sun will come out tomorrow and I can get out to shoot, have to work though, so I doubt it. Should still have some lingering around on Sat though.

Most reactions

Back