Another Lunch with Pentax Today...

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All I can say is this after my lunch with Pentax...Who ever said that Pentax was bound to use the same sensor as Nikon or Sony;)

Ah...Life is full of surprises. Better later than not at all.:D

seriously, what an curious-inducing post.

this plus your other posts makes me want to know . . . does pentax pay you? or give you gear etc for your endorsing their gear? i'm not asking if you really love it or not, just if its good for your business.

its like dave black and nikon.

This guy happens to be called Ben, it's written in his nickname! And while some consider it spamming he provides a lot of interesting information, and when not talking about pentax he posts some very helpful tutorials of how he gets some of the fantastic photo effects that he does, along with give insight into how parts of the fashion industry works.

Ben has been debated here a while back..... whether or not he is a Pentax spammer has to be decided. I have toleration because some of his posts are interesting.... he posts more about pentax than canonites and nikonians do about their own stuff..

no no, i'm not saying he should be banned or anything, i just want to know if he benifits from what he says about pentax.

All I can say is this after my lunch with Pentax...Who ever said that Pentax was bound to use the same sensor as Nikon or Sony;)

Ah...Life is full of surprises. Better later than not at all.:D

I figure it's none of my business how you benefit/make money, but you have my interest, what do they use?

BTW, you do excellent work!

Very interesting indeed. Did they say who will be making the sensor, or simply that it will be different? How about I make some guesses and you say if I'm getting warm or cold? :lol: Kodak? Fuji? Samsung?

Btw I'm glad Benjikan posts here. Pentax is not big on press releases or, well, telling us much at all really... Ben's posts are always interesting to me (even if a little vague ;) ). He talks about Pentax for those who are interested (I remember a discussion about faulty lenses), he's not only here to plug the products... although even if he wrote "Buy Pentax" in every post it would be nothing compared to the endless legions of helpful souls on Dpreview etc who seem to dedicate their lives to saving people from using anything but Canon or Nikon... sorry you can probably tell I started reading the Dpreview forums again... bad idea, I'll stay within my TPF comfort zone in future :lol:

dpreview... what is that? huh? it is mentally blocked....

I'd be interested if Ben can obtain inside info on the 645D which seems to be the project-that-never-seems-to-go-anywhere-except-create-more-speculation-and-doubt-of-Pentax's-ability-to-deliver-a-medium-format-645-camera-despite-the-prototype-they-featured-several-years-ago camera.

hehe lol.. I'm impatient....

Well the latest speculation... which is pretty much all we have most of the time... was that the 645D was being shelved, at least for now... again it's just speculation, but I guess it would make sense if indeed they are planning to release 2 more small-sensor dSLR bodies soon. While I'd be excited to see an "affordable" digital medium format I don't mind if they instead focus on the smaller format for now... on the other hand I recently spoke to a retailer, usually very knowledgeable about Pentax, who said the 645D was definitely still happening... :confused:

Oh and you do well to mentally block... that other site. It was my first visit there for a long time, and I mistakenly thought there might be a tiny bit of common sense floating around somewhere... first post I saw was a joke about the special abilities of Pentax (DPR made a typo in reporting the Remote Assistance function, giving the impression that the K10d lets you 'fire your assistant' :D)... despite the guy not being a Pentax user and clearly joking, he was immediately ripped apart for being a "Pentax fanboy"... this is the level of argument that can really only happen on the internet (though fortunately not here :) )

Ben, please... we pentax users need more info! Arrrrgh!!! you drive me crazy with your little bits on info! LOL.... Ah I'm still very happy with my K10D !!!

I'm not a Pentax user, but I hope they bring out a well-priced medium format to put pricing pressure on everyone else in the industry...:)

Benjamin, correct me if I'm wrong here.

I read, IIRC, in the Product Availability section of APUG, that Pentax will not be releasing the 645D, apparently something to do with EU environmental regulations on some part(s).

The sensor is/was made by Kodak...word on the street is this one:
http://wwwuk.kodak.com/GB/en/dpq/si..._product/show/KAF-31600_productSpecifications

Big, but doesn't cover 645.

I still don't understand why, if NPC can make a polaroid insert, Pentax can't make a sensor insert.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back