Another music question for everyone.

Oh yeah, Pepe Romero (as Vonnagy just reminded me) jaw dropping :shock:
Also Stanley Jordan will make you lose your scheitte. Plays with a two hand tapping tech that is the most liquid thing I ever heard. While on the topic of two handed guitarists the other Stanley (Clarke) almost plays the bass like a classical guitar (among other amazing tricks) Also on the amazing technique tip Django Rheinhardt only used (only could use) two fingers on his fretting hand (due to a tragic injury involving Nazi f...heads) and played some wild stuff. :)

bass & keyboard - 35 years :shock:
guitar - off and on for 20 years

nothing professional! just enuf to hang with friends and jam. here lately i've had to learn a bunch of Wiggle tunes :wink:

I CAN PLAY ON YOUR NERVES :) i DUNNO if there is such a phrase in english but in PL it means that I'm annoying you :p

I've been playing piano since I was 7 years old. I'm a bit rusty but still play whenever I'm alone. There's a joy in being able to make music. I sang in glee club and choir as a kid. Now I just sing in the car and to my horses.

Let's see... I was in both band and choir through middle school and high school. Played the clarinet in band and loved it, but ended up teaching choir. So I have been singing for about 20 years.

I can peck out some notes on the piano. Two voice parts at a time is about my limit.

I would love to learn to play the classical guitar. Maybe one day. :D

Violin for over 49 years and counting...

voodoocat said:
Django is a god on the guitar! Amazing what he did with 2 fingers.

It is amazing but can be done! Because of the accident he had, and I know there are many 'true' stories about it, but this one is as they say, the real thing:

On November 2nd, 1928 an event took place that would forever change Django's life. At one o'clock in the morning the 18 year old Django returned from a night of playing music at a new club "La Java" to the caravan that was now the home of himself and his new wife. The caravan was filled with celluloid flowers his wife had made to sell at the market on the following day. Django upon hearing what he thought was a mouse among the flowers bent down with a candle to look. The wick from the candle fell into the highly flammable celluloid flowers and the caravan was almost instantly transformed into a raging inferno. Django wrapped himself in a blanket to shield him from the flames. Somehow he and his wife made it across the blazing room to safety outside, but his left hand, and his right side from knee to waist were badly burned.

Info to be found on:

http://www.redhotjazz.com/django.html

Anyway, I had a friend guitarist in NY that passed away some five years ago due to a massive heart attack. He taught classical and jazz guitar at Berkelee in Boston and some of his famous students were Steve Vai and Kevin Eubanks of the Tonight Show. A few years before my friend passed away he made an instructional videotape on comping where he demonstrates the techniques of playing classical guitar, jazz guitar as well as Django's technique. He played one of Django's fast pieces with only two fingers, just like Django did. I still have the videotape somewhere, I should take another look at it.

phil keaggy, another fantastic fingerstyle guitarist is missing a finger from a childhood accident as well.

Tony Iomi, the former guitarist for black sabath lost a couple o digits in factory accident, but latest was polled as the greatest heavy metal guitarist.

its amazing what these musicians can accomplish, i keep thinking if i sacrifice my pinky if my guitar playing might get better :D

vonnagy said:
phil keaggy, another fantastic fingerstyle guitarist is missing a finger from a childhood accident as well.

Tony Iomi, the former guitarist for black sabath lost a couple o digits in factory accident, but latest was polled as the greatest heavy metal guitarist.

its amazing what these musicians can accomplish, i keep thinking if i sacrifice my pinky if my guitar playing might get better :D

Iomi is great!!!

so there's many others......Do u know Paco DeLucia???

and Mark leave the pinky away....poor pinky :wink:

I was playing piano for 6 years and singing in choir for over 8 years... I had to quit both things due to lack of time :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back