Another new guy from PA?? :)

ontop27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Denny and I am located about 25 minutes north east of Philadelphia. I have always enjoyed taking pictures but have never owed a DSLR. I finally purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T3 and I am loving it. So far I have the 18-55, 75-300, and 50 f1.8 lens. My next purchase may be a macro lens as I have a reef tank so I want to get in close to the coral. I just ordered a set of vello extension tubes from B&H which should be here shortly just so I can see how they function. Below are 3 photographs that I took when I first got the camera. Feel free to critique. I was shooting me and my fiance for our engagement save the date so don't be too harsh :)

I am looking forward to browsing these forums, today I went out and bought Bryan Peterson Exposure solutions and I am learning a good amount.

Congrats on the new camera and your engagement.

The subjects in these are a bit underexposed and they're a bit cool.. bump the white balance up a bit.

I'd also compose the subjects facing into the frame instead of the edge.. but I like the setting and I think you did a good job getting some "honest" shots.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks! I actually just learned how to do the custom white balance... blew my mind haha. I was never able to take good pictures of my tank due to the high color temp. They actually came out pretty well.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, glad to hear you're learning more. It's a lot of fun and you'll continue learning new things.

There's tons of great information on here and I'd encourage you to keep posting images. You'll get valuable feedback from that from a lot of very talented photographers.

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum Denny!

Most reactions

Back