Another new guy

One_Eye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone...
My name is Dave and I live in Washington state where I do custom woodworking for a living. I'm always hiking on trails, or out riding my motorcycle around here and I cant think of a hike or ride I've went on that I didn't pull my iPhone out and snap a pic or two of something, be it a nice view to a animal off in the distance. Last month I was discussing a trip I had taken to pick up some wood that was used on a clients project with them, and I was saying how much I enjoyed being outdoors in the woods hiking and taking pics was just a fun bonus since I only used my phone. Upon them checking out the piece's I had made them, they handed me my commission check and a camera bag with a brand new Nikon D7000 camera for a bonus. :hail: It was a great day for sure. Now I'm working on getting it figured out so I can start to take some pics of the nice views I see.

I'm really looking forward to expanding my knowledge and start enjoying photography like I enjoy woodworking.

Cant wait to start meeting people here

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure you will like your new camera, that was a great bonus you received.

I am looking forward to seeing some photo's taken on your hikes, but please include some of your woodwork as well.

Welcome to the site. That's one heck of a bonus there. The suggestion that most will give you is to read the manual at least once, if not more.

Look forward to seeing your work.

Welcome aboard Dave!

Warhorse,

Yes the bonus was a great surprise, they've always been great clients...I was very appreciative of it. I make a deal with folks around here that give me wood from tree's from their property, I take the wood and I turn a vase/bowl or something out of it for them as a thank you for the wood given to me. Its a win win for both parties, I get wood to create my works and they get a nice piece to display at their house...I plan on working on my skills taking pics and then one day when I meet up with them again on future jobs I will present them with a nice photo taken with the camera wrapped in a nice custom wood frame.

ronlane,

Yeah was a fantastic bonus for sure. Yeah Im reading and re reading the manual for sure, so many buttons:confused: But its part of the fun of learning something new, got get out there and see what does what :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back