Another newbie

GeeTee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm Graham from Tonbridge in the UK, which is just south east of London.

I've just stumbled across this site while surfing for some advice on setting up a good SLR kit for a beginner (just bought a wonderful old Pentax ME Super on eBay and have only ever used point and shoots before).

I do also have a basic digital camera - Fuji Finepix F601 - and love taking pictures with it.

I'm thinking of starting an adult ed course in SLR photography and am about to start up a photoblog. Once I have I'll put the link in my signature.

At the moment I am fairly competant at landscapes only and want to get into portraits.

Anyway, enough waffling on. Just wanted to say 'hi' to all and 'be gentle'.

GT

Welcome to the mad house :thumbsup:

Hi Graham from Tonbridge!
Welcome to the photo forum!

I noticed how you quite diplomatically sidestepped the digital vs film debate in your intro. Very well done. You'll see people don't really care which media you use here, it can all be appreciated.

Welcome and enjoy yourself here!

Vicky.

Meysha said:
I noticed how you quite diplomatically sidestepped the digital vs film debate in your intro. Very well done.

LOL.

It wasn't deliberate! I enjoy both. I have Photoshop at home and work so I have already had a good deal of fun with digital images. I'm quite nostalgic though and that's what has drawn me to SLR photography. The Pentax just feels great in my hands - difficult to explain. That is where I'll be concentrating my efforts for a while.

Thanks for the welcome messages.

Welcome to TPF! It's wonderful to find a camera that "fits" you so to speak. I look forward to seeing your work!

Oh, I'm only just seeing this.
Graham from Tonbridge :D.
I know your place. Have actually been to it in 1996 - but only to step out of the train and to hop into a taxi that would take me (and my group of senior citizen English students) to Tunbridge Wells :D. So actually, all I know is the station... and a guy called Mark - and now you :D.

Welcome to the board!!!

LaFoto said:
Oh, I'm only just seeing this.
Graham from Tonbridge :D.
I know your place. Have actually been to it in 1996 - but only to step out of the train and to hop into a taxi that would take me (and my group of senior citizen English students) to Tunbridge Wells :D. So actually, all I know is the station... and a guy called Mark - and now you :D.

Welcome to the board!!!

Hi LaFoto,

I work in Tunbridge Wells and it is much nicer than Tonbridge - so you didn't miss much! Unfortunately house prices in TW are huge and so I live in Tonbridge.

GeeTee said:
Hi LaFoto,

I work in Tunbridge Wells and it is much nicer than Tonbridge - so you didn't miss much! Unfortunately house prices in TW are huge and so I live in Tonbridge.

This is why I moved back up to the Midlands. Stupidly I chose Rutland, which has the same Council Tax rate as Westminster. :roll:

(Just noticed that you are a Graham too :) )

Most reactions

Back