Another one of my issues - Glasses

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been wearing glasses for a few years now...contacts are not possible.

The last time I went for glasses, I thought progessive types for protection from the sun was a great idea and I was not as much of an outdoor photography nut.
Whenever I go outside, the lens turn dark to shade my eyes, great for protection, terrible for photography. Today was the day the straw broke the camels back. The sun came out and reflected off the snow, I could not look through the viewfinder and see very well. I could not even tell how the photos or the scenes were.

This week I will now have to go for new glasses. I will just have to bring sunglasses with me for those sunny days.
Look at my avatar - and that was not a sunny day.

Yeah, I don't envy glasses-wearers. I'm lucky enough to have 20/20, but I have bad knees and not very much patience.

That is one nice thing about point & shoot & ultrazoom cameras; it doesn't matter so much.

Nikon used to make a camera (F3HP) with a finder made to be easy for glasses-wearers to use. They don't seem to think much beyond diopter corrections now.

...which reminds me. why not get a diopter for your camera and just move the glasses up to your forehead when you take the pic?

Many SLRs have diopter adjustments built in so that you can just lift your glasses to take the pic. Have you tried that?

As the only one in my immediate family who doesn't have to wear glasses, I'm quite pleased. But as the only one in my immediate family who's balding, I'm not pleased.

I'm in the same boat, which is why I opted for two pairs of glasses instead of the changing single pairs. I have prescription sunglasses for when I need them, and my regular glasses.

...which reminds me. why not get a diopter for your camera and just move the glasses up to your forehead when you take the pic?

Many SLRs have diopter adjustments built in so that you can just lift your glasses to take the pic. Have you tried that?

I have the T1i, which does have a diopter.
The worse part of my glasses issue is when the glasses transition to sunglasses. Then I have difficulty seeing what I am looking at, and everything is darker than normal, even more so as the sun gets brighter.

Bummer! I can't afford to get contacts again right now, so I have glasses. I did not get the lens treatment that turns the glasses dark in the sun. I didn't get any UV protection at all for my glasses lenses, so I get blinded by glare a lot. I regret that.

Jacki
My advice is the next time you are driving and get blinded by the glare, close your eyes. :mrgreen:
I am only kidding, what about a pair of sunglasses that slip over your eyeglasses. I have a really good pair that I use, they work well and almost look good too, as long as no one notices the second set of stems going to my ears...:confused:

i am also wearing glasses and mine do not shade. i went shooting onces with my sunglasses i have (with a prescription) and it was not the best thing. thanks for the exposure histogram.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back