Another one of Sue...different style

Thanks for the input April! Someone else that suggested too. I am going to do another version with the vignette and see how that looks. I am not understanding the part about the warmer skin tones though. I thought this was quite warm, but maybe its just my view because she naturally has very white skin tone. I may try a warming filter mask on it and see what results I can get from that.

Thanks again for the nice comments April. Truly appreciated. :)

Tough lighting here, NG. The back lighting is nice but I think she needed some sort of fill on her face. Had you set up a white reflector on a stand it woud add more brilliance to her face...if that makes sense. You might want to tone down the green reflecting light from the bushes under her neck and on a few parts of her face and maybe burn the sun spotted part of her shirt so it is a little less distracting. Pretty nice job though, buddy. Keep em coming.

Thanks Jubba. I will keep them coming. As I have pointed out in another post, a reflector is next on my list. Can't wait to try it out when I get it. Studying your pics helps a lot! :)

NJ

regarding myself I would even go a step further and classify cosmetic manipulations on an image showing myself as an insult ;) Not that I am perfect, but if someone does not consider myself worth being on a photograph the way I am, then he or she should not take the picture.

The accepted role of the portrait photographer is to flatter the subject. This means emphasizing the positive and de-emphasizing slight problems. It is normally done by careful choice of camera angle and lighting. Photoshop touch-up is the final stage in the process, sometimes used to cover up less than perfect camera or lighting technique or minor skin or other problems that cannot be de-emphasized in any other manner.

Whether any individual likes it or not, it still part of the basic process of professional portrait photography.

skieur

Your points are considered and appreciated skieur. Not to speak for Alex, but I think the distinction being made is between changing overall facial structure versus cleaning up minor skin flaws, wrinkles, or lines, which just about everyone has. I do everything I can to flatter the subject without altering their defining characteristics in a portrait. :)

Most reactions

Back