Another Portrait for C&C

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a real basic portrait for a Corporate Directory (with final cropping to be done at the print shop, so I shot it a bit wide). Requirements were simplicity, nothing overly dramatic, and some gentle touchup. You will notice she has a slight head tilt toward the lead shoulder (feminine tilt). Initial touch-up was Imagenomics Portraiture, finishing touch-up was done my me with PS. Yes.. I know her shirt looks blown out, she was wearing a highly reflective silk blouse... and it is not really blown out, that is how it looked.

(Hopefully this thread won't blow up like the last one did!)

Lynn by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

Very nice Charlie!

Very nice Charlie!

Thanks, Rick! I was almost afraid to post it after what happened to the last thread! lol! It went to hell in a handbasket in a hurry!

Dude, why would you even think that feminine tilt would be okay in a corporate portrait?!?! And her shirt is BLOWN THE EFF OUT!!!!!

Hehehe

Good job sir.

Dude, why would you even think that feminine tilt would be okay in a corporate portrait?!?! And her shirt is BLOWN THE EFF OUT!!!!!

Hehehe

Good job sir.

Troublemaker! :greenpbl:! Thanks, I appreciate it! For a somewhat formal portrait, I would never have a female do more than the slightest tilt! For that matter, I wouldn't have a male do more than a slight tilt to the rear shoulder either... just enough to be noticeable!

It is a very nice corporate headshot.

I can't tell if the wbal is off or the brown background is just confusing my color perception. Or it could be the small file size and compression to the forum is throwing it off. You have the original so you know if it is right.
i would suggest burning down her blouse a little. There are a couple of ways to help darken it and even though it is an accurate depiction of what her blouse looked like it is dragging my eye down and away from her face which is not something you want to happen in a portrait.

Well done though just as it stands and probably nothing I mentioned will be noticed by your client.

Handbaskets... getcher nice, fresh handbaskets. Get 'em while they'e hot!!!

;)

Nicely done Chuck!

Thanks, John! Not really a Chuck, though... although I don't mind if friends call me that ("Friends" does include you, btw! ;))! My father was Chuck, and he was a total sumb!tch.... so I don't normally go by Chuck!

Looks great Charlie. Just the right amount of skin smoothing to look professional, but not very noticeable at all. Perfect pose for this type of shot.

It is a very nice corporate headshot.

I can't tell if the wbal is off or the brown background is just confusing my color perception. Or it could be the small file size and compression to the forum is throwing it off. You have the original so you know if it is right.
i would suggest burning down her blouse a little. There are a couple of ways to help darken it and even though it is an accurate depiction of what her blouse looked like it is dragging my eye down and away from her face which is not something you want to happen in a portrait.

Well done though just as it stands and probably nothing I mentioned will be noticed by your client.

I considered knocking the exposure down on the shirt a bit in the raw file, but decided against it. I do see your point about it drawing the eye somewhat. The background is actually a painted wall in a conference room. I had taken my backgrounds, but was asked to try to match the background to some other existing shots they had that had been taken against that wall. And it matches pretty closely. Again... what the client requested! lol!

Thanks... been a long time since I have shot any portraits, as I much prefer bugs! lol!

Looks great Charlie. Just the right amount of skin smoothing to look professional, but not very noticeable at all. Perfect pose for this type of shot.

Thank you Kathy! And thanks for the tip on the Portraiture software. Last portraits I shot were processed in a darkroom... so definitely a little difference!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back